Giantmidget's Story - (18)

giantmidget

Reaction score
I've been losing a bit of hair from the crown area for the last 18 months. The doctor prescribed an anti-dandruff shampoo called Clarazol which had 2% of ket. The hair grew back. This was 12 months ago. I stopped using it and the hair fell off, and i didnt realise that the growth was due to that until i read about Nizarol a few weeks ago.

I purchased Nizarol and I've been using it 4 times a week, alternating with Nioxin.
The hair loss itself is not very bad. It's actually hardly noticeable, but I used to spike up my hair from the back like a faux hawk before, and that is no longer possible beacuse it is thinner from that area. But if its brushed to the side, it's absolutely impossible to detect any sign of hair loss. The hairline is perfect. I've always had a slight widow's peak since birth and it has not progressed or become worse so its fine from that front (pun intended)

My hair also grows at a rapid pace, even when its long and comes to my eyebrows, and i get it cut short, it grows back to the same length in about 15 days.

I'm about to start using Rogaine and Finasteride. However, I need advice.

Firstly, since the hair loss is so slight, should I start on 2% or 5%?

And for finasteride, I can't get the prescription version, so what non prescription finasteride would you advise? Procerin?

(Edit - why is procerin censored?)

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
I answered this in your other post so please do not work around the word censor. That company spams here quite often and it's only overpriced Saw Palmetto anyway. if you want to try Saw P., go to your local grocery or drug store.

There is not a "non prescription" version of finasteride. Saw Palmetto works totally different than Finasteride.

Halp

Reaction score
Problem when you do minoxidil alone is, yeah sure you get some hairs back. But DHT is still hitting other hairs and you still losing those. Why its recommended to use finasteride to stop the DHT and minoxidil then to help with regrowth. minoxidil alone if it works, is really only a very short term solution. finasteride and minoxidil when they work is still short term I guess but its a longer short term than minoxidil alone :p

giantmidget

Reaction score
But I am going to use topical spironolactone. I don't want to take any of the risks that come
with propecia.