Gibbo's story. ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!

m.gibson

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All, I have been on and off this forum for many years with the occasional post. I'm 30 years old with a family history of male pattern baldness.

It's sad for me that when I first joined this site I had a full head of hair but I was unable to maintain. I used minoxidal for many years which slowed down the process but I quit due to dark circles under my eyes. I also used propecia for 1.5 years until i got married in 2012. Propecia did help me maintain but I decided to quit as I wanted to start a family and didn't want to take any chances.

I then started using a concealer called mane, which helped me forget about my hairloss. However, this has recently become in-effective as there is little hair to stick to. I have always been conscious about my hair becoming worse but thought I would just get a hair transplant at some point. However, I recently went for a consultation to two different clinics but was left disappointed after being informed that my donar area is poor.

Now i'm completely stuck.. Please see attached image. My hair looks really bad without concealer and the impact of hairloss is now hitting me, HARD!

Please advise me what to do? Do you think I can re-grow, maintain?? I am currently trying for a second baby and am thinking to start taking propecia again when my wife falls pregnant.

Please kindly share your thoughts.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone, please?!

Attachments

• IMG_1157 (1).jpg
    IMG_1157 (1).jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 249

alex85

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks like NW4A, and if your crown area is intact, you can get a very good result from hair transplant. Even poor donor area can offer at least 2-3k grafts, and they will greatly change your looks.

m.gibson

Established Member
Reaction score
My crown is as bad as my temples. Whats your thoughts on maintaining, regrowth?

m.gibson

Established Member
Reaction score
aah thank you soo much!! You to. I hope we both have sucess stories! Hairloss is sucks!