gibbsville's story

gibbsville

Reaction score
hello to everyone
well i am on my second week of the big 3
im 39yo and been losing hair since my mid 20s first at the frontal area and now on the crown over the past 14 years
i am going to put some pics on here, i looked on the norwood scale and im guessing im between a 3 to 4 (obviously thats a guess looking at the scale pictures) its prob more a 4

great forum with lots of info
i think my plan for the big 40 next year is 6-12 month on the big 3 see if i can hold/gain a little and then maybe look at a hair transplant not sure what i would need at the moment in terms of grafts to have a reasonable frontal coverage and maybe some thickening of the crown if thats not too ambitious

the pics were taken by my window in natural light no flash

Attachments

• IMG082.jpg
    IMG082.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,743
  • IMG104.jpg
    IMG104.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,750

gibbsville

Reaction score
Yes looking on the forums the general info is you wont notice finasteride been effective until at least the three month mark so i will keep my fingers crossed that i am a good responder

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: 2nd week on the big 3

gibbsville said:
Any comments replies info tips are appriciated :)

yes, why didn't you start treating your hair loss earlier?

gibbsville

Reaction score
good question and i guess i have noticed my frontal thinning a lot quicker in the past several years and not having the knowledge of whats out there and available (but now i do) i am hoping to have a hair transplant for the frontal hairline in june/july this year
and hopefully with the meds my crown will maintain/slightly improve

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
it's true that you've let it go a long way before starting treatment but given that you're 39 and it's taken this long to get that far, i'd say you could do pretty well on the big 3. assuming you respond to the treatments i wouldn't be surprised at all at a lot of regrowth on top and even a fair bit on the hairline. but hell, it's stupid to even imagine predicting results this early into treatment. i'll be keeping an eye on this thread.
good luck =)

gibbsville

Reaction score
kthxbi thanks for the comment i guess i am hoping for improvement on the big 3 and i know 3 months is early days
i got an online consult doneat a well repected clinic in belgium and they say as an estimate i would be looking at 2500-3000 grafts for the frontal hairline zone 1/2 to be looking okayish again, but i have an appointment at the clinic face to face this friday so they can give me a better idea then

thanks for all the input so far