Gigz's Story - (Started at 17, now 19)

gigz

Reaction score
It was late in my senior year of high school that I noticed that I was balding. I had gotten a short haircut and when I was looking in to the mirror mounted on my bathroom's medicine cabinet, it hit me that I was balding. I noticed that I had diffused thinning on top and the vertex, and that my left temple was thinning really badly- it actually looked as if someone had taken a bite off of it, lol.

Although, I don't feel positive about my hair loss, I don't feel a suicidal dread either; rather, I just feel passive about it even though I would love to have my hair back. I currently have a shaved head and though I'm comfortable with it, I sometimes feel hesitant and awkward about meeting old high school friends, acquaintances, and family members who knew me when I had hair.

My sister is getting married next month and I feel a little hesitant about meeting all of my family members, who have never seen me with a shaved head. I'm dreading that they'll probably make comments and jokes about my hair loss. Oh well... I guess, I'll just have to be strong and a good sport about it.

At first, I used a couple of different things, though not always at the same time, for my hair loss: olive oil, rogaine foam, another type of oil designed to treat hairloss, some kind of butter for thinning hair, and finally Honeyderm's Hairback spray lotion and Hairtonix shampoo.

As you can see, aside from the foam, most of the products I used were alternative treatments, with no medical research backing them; although, after using Hairback and Hairtonix for 6 months, my hair feels thicker when I brush my hand against it, and areas of my scalp appear darker.

I have just recently bought Kirkland's 5% minoxidil and used it once. I plan on adding Finasteride, Nizoral, scalp exercises, and olive oil to my routine. I'm scared about the potential side-effects of finasteride and also about the fact that I might have to use these things for life.

My plan is to use the Big 3 along with olive oil until, hopefully, with God's help, I achieve satisfactory results. Then I plan on just using Hairback or some kind of oil to maintain my results.

Planned Routine
-Finasteride
-Kirkland's 5% Minoxidil 2x/day
-Nizoral every 3 days or so
-olive oil everyday between minoxidil applications

P.S. Can anyone tell me whether or not inhouse pharmacy is trustworthy or not? Also, I'll post pics soon.

dazzerler

Reaction score
Re: Started at 17, now 19

yes inhouse are great i have generic finasteride in the form of fincar and its the real deal i also get my nizoral from there and their delivery is normaly within 10 day to the uk which aint bad

legion00

Reaction score
Re: Started at 17, now 19

gigz said:
My plan is to use the Big 3 along with olive oil until, hopefully, with God's help, I achieve satisfactory results. Then I plan on just using Hairback or some kind of oil to maintain my results.

if you discontinue use of finasteride and minoxidil you will lose all the results you had on them.

gigz

Reaction score
^^^ I don't know about that because when I started using Hairback, it considerably lowered the amount of hair shedding I had. I'm hoping that if I achieve the results I want, with God's help, I can use Hairback to maintain.

legion00

Reaction score
clearly you don't understand how those two products work. i repeat; if you stop taking finasteride and minoxidil, you will lose all of the results you had, unless Hairback is a vasodilator, growth agent, and systemic dht inhibitor.