Gjc1982's Story - (age 24)

G

Hello all - plan to post regularly but I guess this is a good a place to start as anywhere.

Well my story....basically I have always had long,thickish hair. Several christmas' ago around the dinner table (I think at least 4 years ago) my uncle turned to me and said you have the same hair type as me you will loose it all in the next few years. Panic! He lost his hair in his early twenties all from the top of his head with a little on the sides and back left.

Basically I worried for a little while and then forgot about it. What has prompted me to be a regular lurker on this site for a while now is that around 8 months ago someone said I was loosing my hair at work and could see my scalp. This site has been great in keeping me calm and making me realising I could do something.

After researching I got on Nizorelle - couldnt find Nizoral at the time (can now). Not a massive difference between the 2 so I understand (correct me if I am wrong). My hair is getting progressively thinner on the top especially around the crown.

Thinking I need to get on finasteride straight away but I have been too worried too start (stupid I know). Dont know whether to see a GP first or just to order it off the net (but I have no credit card). I am in the UK and now 24 - My hair will all be gone in the next 2-5 years if it follows my uncle's pattern - which it looks like it will.

Anyways I know questions and answers are for other places on the site but thought I would share everything that was going through my head. Look forward to sharing experiences and getting anwers with you all.

gregjcox1982

Reaction score
Re: Greg's Story

Wow, I even managed to find my own "my story" post.

Anyway, I am the creator of this thread (I have had to re-register - I don't know why). Not long after that post I got on finasteride through Dr. Ashcroft and have now been on it for around 14 months. After the first month on it I stopped worrying about my hair. The finasteride seemed to give me a little re-growth and all was good. I was very pleased with the results.

Now, I am starting to worry about it again. I have had a couple of comments at work. The crown area is very thin under direct light and the thinness seems to have spread to cover the whole top of the scalp. Thinking I need to boost my regime. I know this is the wrong place to comment on minoxodil etc but thought as this was my first comment for ages on here, that I should start by updating my story.

I am also on Nizoral by the way and am now 25 (Still in the UK). male pattern baldness sucks.

Cassin

Reaction score
Re: Greg's Story

gregjcox1982 said:
Wow, I even managed to find my own "my story" post.

Anyway, I am the creator of this thread (I have had to re-register - I don't know why).

We have moved forum software since then....you probably got tagged as "inactive"

Sorry about that. It happened to a few dozen posters who don't post much. Thanks for coming back regardless!