GlasgowCelt's story - (25 years old, diffuse)

GlasgowCelt

Reaction score
Hey folks, how are we all?

Well here I am, never thought I would have registered and prayed I didn't need too but enough is enough, something must be done!

I noticed some thinning on my left side of the hairline about 8 months ago, actually I noticed thinning at the temples around 12 months ago but neglected to do anything about it because my hair still looked very good and thick elsewhere and my primary thoughts were:

"It probably wont get any worse, just ignore it"

I did that, and things have gotten slightly worse, kinda noticeable.

My hair has gotten very thin (even though nobody seems to notice but me! and some temple hair loss and hairline recession at left hand side - ill post pics when my camera gets charged up)

I am kicking myself that I never came here sooner, never looked for a solution or answer sooner, and never cared to admit that this might just be for real... sooner.

So my question is... Where do I start?
What do I need to know?
What should I say to my dermatologist when I see him, ask him about what treatments? Which treatments should I mention? What questions to ask?
What should I be doing to alter my general hair health, what is healthy for the hair? (I eat plenty of fruit, veg, and fish)

[My info]
Country - UK (Northern Ireland)
Age - 25
Weight - 150 pounds
Height - 5'11
Build - Athletic (not fat looking at all)
Hair colour - Jet Black (although someone said to me they see a blueish colour in my hair!)

My dad has a brilliant head of hair up until he was about 50, slowly turned grey and slightly receding, still decent head of hair though!

Can diffuse thinning be reversed? to get my thick hairs back?

I've did research and have chosen the following weapons for the battle:
finasteride 5mg,
Rogain Foam 5%
Nizoral Shampoo

What else should I be taking, what should I avoid? I believe there is a great community with lots of intelligent individuals fighting the same battle.

I am ready for it, but need some direction and will assist you on the battle field.

Let me know if there is anything you need to know if your think you can help me out, I will respond asap.

It's a pleasure to be here... Although would rather not have needed too :D

Take care, all the best.

TheCelt

antonio666

Reaction score
glagow celt,your situation sounds similar to mine,i myself have gor jet black hair and have diffuse thinning,although it is not noticable to others it kills me inside,i would get on either propecia or dutas and hope for trhe best that is what i am doing.

i hope you have great luck in treating your hairloss

RaginDemon

Reaction score
big three should at least help u maintain what you have now.

your still at the early stage, good thing u catch it early.

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah i agree, you have good chance to maintain your hair and recover some recently lost hairs.

I think 1mg finasteride is ok for hairloss, a whole proscar is too much for you IMHO, just remember to be consistent with your treatments, don't stress yourself and DON'T COUNT falling hairs. Evaluate your progress by taking monthly photos.

Good luck!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I agree with Jack, learning NOT to stress about it too much is the key.

The more you stress, the worse your hair gets.