GlasgowCelt's story

GlasgowCelt

Reaction score
I signed up a few years ago when I had an encounter with Talogen Effluvium (Telogen Effluvium) after a car accident.

But I had another problem that I've had since I was born. When I was 1-years-old I had ringworm (Tinea Capitis) on the scalp, and from then there has been a decent sized circle on my head that has never grown any hair, it has never bothered me to be honest but then a few years ago I tried Rogaine on the area (for about 8 weeks) and it grew hair... thick terminal hair and the area was covered - to my surprise. I stopped because I didn't want to have a routine with Rogaine and was worried about side affects. But I'm just wondering, is there a safer / natural similar product to rogaine? Since I know hair can grow in that location (I'm 30 btw). Or what would the most natural products be that you would recommend? I already use Nizarol and Selsun Blue because I do have quite an oily scalp.

Pics are shown below:

k1l0X.png

hrCV4.png

S0mkK.jpg

Any questions feel free to ask me :)

Naltima

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Hello :)

Nothing besides Rogaine and Possibly Propecia will grow your hair. Although since it's obviously not male pattern baldness those are probably not the best choices because both have to be used for a lifetime for you to continue getting results.

Not sure if this is the route you would be interested in taking, but you might want to contact a reputable hair transplant surgeon and see if you can possibly get a little bit of hair transplanted into that area using the FUE (won't leave a scar) method. The transplanted hair would grow for the rest of your life without needing any additional drugs. Not really sure if a hair transplant would work in this situation so it's best to contact a surgeon directly.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
I would go to a dermatologist and ask him, maybe even visit two for a second opinion. It's not male pattern baldness, and that's what most of us are "experts" on.