Glaxo Story - (24)

glaxo

Reaction score
So it takes a lot of effort for me to discuss this, typically only comes out in drunken admission/maybe rage to friends, but I've been shedding hair for the past 6ish years. I'm 24 now and I'm definitely not ready to be balding. Back in the day my hair was almost pretty damn thick often complimented the shed's been a kick in the balls for that reason too. I remember a slightly senile lady that I met when I was 21 bemoaning about what happened to me my hair used to be so thick...
People looking at it now tell me I have thick hair (it's also black so it looks thicker) but if I bump into people from highschool they are likely thinking wtf happened. My hairline has receded from what I can see in older pics and it just looks generally thinner maybe with a focus on the right upper back spot on my head (hope not).
My dad was noticeably balding in his late 20s, his brother, his maternal uncles, my similar aged cousin all very bald. My dad had the typical progressive widow's peak my cousin (uncle's son) has the general thinning and it's much more aggressive than the others. So I know it's only a matter of time for me and that's been weighing on my psyche for a while. Also I'm in med school, and while this may sound stupid, I'm pretty aware that a lot of my interactions are going to be first impressions over the next years. I don't want that to be my most noticeable characteristic.
edit: just want to add i'm pretty sure i have borderline OCD so this worry is almost a compulsive thought. It's gotten better but at the nadir constantly thinking about the upcoming hairloss was a real low point in my life.
And this post has been a slight downer, not really what I'm like in real life. But hell I don't get a chance to vent often.
I like this smilie :jackit:

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Glaxo Story -24

If you're going to get on finasteride/minoxidil, might as well add nizoral 2% keto shampoo. This is considered the big 3 to regrow and prevent hair loss.

glaxo

Reaction score
Re: Glaxo Story -24

Nuli said:
If you're going to get on finasteride/minoxidil, might as well add nizoral 2% keto shampoo. This is considered the big 3 to regrow and prevent hair loss.
hmm really is this a prescription? my dermatologist mentioned it but also said it didn't work. just saw a study saying it had better results than minoxidil though, which would be amazing. thanks for the suggestion