GNC Mega Men Multi Vit

camobear777

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been taking the GNC Mega Men Multi for over a year now and have found it to be a great over all mutli vitamin. Just recently I was wondering if it is good quality and a good over all product. I have heard that it is a great product but was wondering if anyone has heard different.

tylerg6

Reaction score
GNC mega men lists "hairloss" as a possible side effect because it contains DHEA.

I dont have time now. but google "gnc megamen and hairloss" or along those lines and you will find articles as well as side effect info on GNC's website.

docj077

Reaction score
tylerg6 said:
GNC mega men lists "hairloss" as a possible side effect because it contains DHEA.

I dont have time now. but google "gnc megamen and hairloss" or along those lines and you will find articles as well as side effect info on GNC's website.

Only certain formulations contain DHEA and it says so on the label. We've talked about this numerous times on these forums and it's not like it's something that GNC hides from the general public.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I like gnc. Most of the supplements tested by consumer labs by GNC always have the right amount of whats claimed. The saw palmetto from there worked well. They are expensive though but you get what u pay for.

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
DHEA is not on MegaMen. I have taken that for 15 years. Maybe the over fifty formula and still doubt it. They are not putting hormone or precursors in multivitamins.

camobear777

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Docj077,

I have been taking the GNC Mega men for the past three years and feel great on it. I saw that you take it as well. I wanted to ask you since you are in the medical field if you think this is a good over all product? Just woundering what you thought of it.

Cheers

abcdefg

Reaction score
A little off topic but how do we even know the body extracts all these vitamins and uses them properly as if they came from food? How exactly do you study that other then some stupid survey where you ask the people something stupid like "Excuse me mr/mrs do you feel healthier after 30 days on the multivitamin pack?"

RAKBS

Established Member
Reaction score
Most vitamins/minerals are equally good in synthetic/natural forms. The big exception is Vitamin E; however, the good companies will put natural, and not synthetic, Vitamin E into their products.

Also, Vitamin C. However there are some Vitamin C supplements, even cheap ones, that also have fruit extracts that will help with absorption.

But the best thing to do is to just take multivitamins with food--which the bottles say anyway.