GNC Megamen Vitamin CAUSES hairloss

tylerg6

Reaction score
I don't have the link handy but i read a report about this product having a certain mineral in it that causes hair loss and thinning. Upon further investigation i noticed a "side effect" listed by GNC is hairloss for this vitamin. I also found a court ruling against GNC for over 40 products making false claims of doing something for hairloss, muscle building, etc. when infact they could not scientifically back their claims.\

I started taking these multivitamins in januray and immediately noticed my hair thinning (not saying this is the entire reason for it....it apperently can cause and/or speed up the process) but something felt weird about taking them daily in regards to my hair.

Do you guys think (i have not taken them since june) hair lost because of the multi's can grow back or is it lost for good? It seems like my hair is thinning like crazy around the front part of my head if i look close you can see indivual hairs....i can't remember but that doesnt seem right.

I am pretty much 25 and keep hearing that as you get older your hair gets thicker and thinner through adulthood?

docj077

Reaction score
You might want to post a link to the hair loss statement as I couldn't find anything. The only thing that I can see in any of the multivitamins that could cause harm is the 100% dose of Vitamin A, but I would think you'd need more than that to cause problems.

tylerg6

Reaction score
Link for part 1 - http://www.baldingblog.com/category/drugs-cause/page/3/

GNC Men’s Mega Men and Hair Loss?
June 19 2006, 12:30 pm PT | Posted in: Hair Loss Causes + Drugs (Cause Hair Loss) + Hair Products

Hello, Dr.Rassman.
I want to ask does GNC Men’s Mega Men cause shedding or hairloss?

Drugstore.com - GNC Mega Men

Many forums say it contains too much B complex and some Saw Palmetto. By the way, is it benefit to take lots of B complex per day?

The GNC product contains DHEA, a hormone that is known to produce or accelerate hair loss. I do not have direct knowledge about shedding with Saw Palmetto or high doses of B complex vitamins.

PART 2 - link - http://www.gnc.com/sm-gnc-mens-mega-men ... 03640.html

Buy GNC Men's Mega Men Live Well Multivitamin at GNC.com, ... Possible side effects include, acne, hair loss, hair growth on the face (for women), ...

PART 3 - I can't find the link about the court ruling against GNC..it was late and i was just kind of searching google for a while.

docj077

Reaction score
It's the DHEA in the multivitamin formula. The Megaman multivitamin that I use doesn't have DHEA. It's just that particular formula that you're referring to.

DHEA is a precursor hormone of sort to the androgen biosynthetic pathway.

Just don't buy a multivitamin with DHEA in it from GNC. It's that simple.

I use the Men's Mega Men Sport Multivitamin.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There are various forms of DHEA. Does the DHEA Keto form contribute to hairloss?