Go Ahead With Fue/fut Or Just Give Up?

bald_or_bust

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi!

Questions for fue-gurus:

41 yo with hair as in photos (long time lurker). Had two online consultations with suggestions as below. Given my hair type and coverage (thin, blonde), is treatment reasonable or should I just give up? Has anyone with similar hair had success? How long can I expect results to last? There are very few before/after with my hair type.

Bi-s-anga:
3500-4000 grafts FUT + 1500-2000 grafts FUE in one session
Good coverage from the front till the crown area
Conservative hairline and fill the thinning area behind

K. Erdogan:
5000-5500 grafts FUE over two days
Frontal, midscalp & vortex

Attachments

• foto_behind.jpg
    foto_behind.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 379
  • foto_above.jpg
    foto_above.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 318

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd say given that two reputable surgeons seem to believe you do have sufficient donor hair to achieve 5000ish grafts, it is worth considering.
I also have fine hair which could make it more difficult to achieve the 'full' appearance. I have seen a few testimonies on various sites with fine hair who got reasonable results, but now curious about how they fare long term....

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi!

Questions for fue-gurus:

41 yo with hair as in photos (long time lurker). Had two online consultations with suggestions as below. Given my hair type and coverage (thin, blonde), is treatment reasonable or should I just give up? Has anyone with similar hair had success? How long can I expect results to last? There are very few before/after with my hair type.

Bi-s-anga:
3500-4000 grafts FUT + 1500-2000 grafts FUE in one session
Good coverage from the front till the crown area
Conservative hairline and fill the thinning area behind

K. Erdogan:
5000-5500 grafts FUE over two days
Frontal, midscalp & vortex

maybe 5000 grafts + another 500 with beard hair to add more ''heavy'' hair for density since your scalp hair is thin ?

and how long have you started to lose your hair ?

bald_or_bust

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's been about 10 years I guess. No real change the past years, it seems to have levelled out without additional loss. Haven't thought of beard hair before. Might be too "squiggly" to match but would make sense to ask!

maybe 5000 grafts + another 500 with beard hair to add more ''heavy'' hair for density since your scalp hair is thin ?

and how long have you started to lose your hair ?