goblue's story - (29yrs old, shedding and stress)

goblue

Reaction score
I've been experiencing severe hairloss since Feb07, at which time I went through a severly stressful event where my boss was threating my job on a daily basis. Right after it happened the first time, that weekend my scalp became severly itchy and inflamed, it was actually hot to the touch. From that point forward I developed a bad case of seborraheic dermatitis--scalp psoriasis that I have been completely unable to get rid of. My hair started shedding like crazy for about 2 months starting Feb07, it moderated slightly but again began shedding heavy over the summer. My hair loss is diffuse thinning in the frontal and temple area for the most part. I started propecia right away in Feb07 and have tried numerous shampoos, ketoconzole, tgel, salacylic acid and nothing is improving my scalp health. The propecia, now in month 8 has effectively killed my sex drive so I'm considering letting it go. I've cut down to .5mg a day as opposed to 1. I have no idea what i need to do in order to at the very least get my scalp back to a healthy state, nothing seems to be working and my hair loss now is really bad. I lose at least 30-40 hairs when shampooing.

My hair even feels different now, it tangles very easily and is coarse and brittle to the touch. it is no longer smooth at all. I have no idea what to do at this point. I'm actually scared to go on rogaine because if i shed then some serious scalp will be visible, and to simply go bald in 1 year is ridiculous! i cannot accept it.

All this said, I am a south east asian male with no male pattern baldness in either mom or dads side. i've always had super thick healthy hair. this is absolutely making me go mad. it is the most ridiculous thing to experience such quick hairloss...I mean I thought male pattern baldness was something that took years to take hold and have an effect. at this rate, I will have lost a majority of my hair in 1 year. 1 year!
if anyone has gone through anything similar and can offer some advice, please, please, help!

I have had blood tests done and all is normal, my derm simply does not have any further advice to give me, he just keeps telling me "you're going to be fine". Well, I'm not.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: 29yrs old... my story

i went from super thick hair to super thin within 2 yrs...I dont think there is anything you can do but to count on big 3.

also check your horome level to see if you have hormone imbalance