Going from dutasteride to finasteride - how to do it?

Mindfull

Reaction score
Ive been on propecia for 1 year, having been able to maintain. About 3-4 months ago I decided to try Avodart in hope of achieving some regrowth in addition. However, Ive been experiencing some unusual side effects that didnt occur on Propecia, such as having trouple sleeping, dry skin, more wrinklie skin, sore knee joints (no sh*t). While these are disturbing side effects, my Libido have remained intact.

For these reasons I would like to return to Propecia. But how should I do this? My concern is that by switching back again I will induce further shedding and will have both the impact of dutasteride + finasteride until dutasteride has completely left my system in 2-3 months.

Any advice? - should I just quit Avodart and take 1 pill of Propecia, or should I perhaps lay off both drugs for a while to avoid putting strain on my body?

oni

Reaction score
How long have you been on Avodart for ?
What are these strange side effects ?

meintally

Reaction score
Ask you Doctor about what is called "Tapering". Although, I suspect that since both meds (I believe) are in one strength, simpily quit one and switch to the other.

Please, please dont take this as a flame. Others should pay attention to your experience. This is why I always council some serious consideration of the risks involved in using meds for off label uses.