Going From Nw2(?) To Nw1 + Hairline Lowering? Price? [pics]

hairlinerecupe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello. 26 year old male here.

On Finasteride. Want a hair transplant followed by a hairline lowering later to reduce forehead size and be able to style my hair the way I want to.

tFGejF7.jpg

A full shot of my face, censored right below the eyebrows, which are right above my eyes. Sorry if it's too bright, but my flash isn't working, so I had to let in some sunlight.

In these pics, I tried my best to drag my hair to the side, to show off my hairline. Taken with my shitty iPhone:

BpXKNHn.jpg

Slighty leaning forward.

RF38cdh.jpg

From the side. Not a perfect profile shot, but I tried my best.

UeiJyJS.jpg

At a slight angle. I think this shows off my hairline the best of all of my pics.

I see a lot of different prices and most people seem to go with Istanbul considering the great expertise and unbeatable prices they have over there (so that is probably what I'm doing). But any country is fine.

About how much money am I looking at for a transplant? . I don't need an exact number, but an estimate would go a long way. I need to know if I have the money needed for a hair transplant.

I've read that people with a receding hairline should not get a hairline lowering, does that mean people who currently have a receded hairline or also those with a successful hair transplant who have gotten their hairline back?

Last edited:

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, you look like you are a good candidate for a hair transplant. However, I would caution you against a hairline lowering operation, especially if you anticipate further recession. Usually hairline lowering is only recommended for women and men who have not experienced any hair loss.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
You have a great head shape and your forehead looks proportional to your head shape. How many fingers from your the top of your eyebrow to your hairline? The way you style it looks good and very hard to notice a huge problem.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You look smarter with a larger forehead. Seriously, your hair looks amazing, you can go to one of the top doctors in the U.S. I assume 2500 grafts for $10,000 to $12,500. But I don't think you will look that much better than you already do.

The grafts for your hairline takes an expert to place because they have to be angled properly to fit a hairline. Many have been burned on bad hairline procedures.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
I would wait. I can see your frustration with the recession but the risk is too high for the low amount of loss. Maybe try adding minoxidil?

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks really good now........great color and skin tone which minimizes the contrast.

What you can try is snipping a few hairs from the occipital zone and holding them near your hairline. How does the color and caliber look? Sometimes with lighter tone hairs like you have in the hairline matching it all can be a problem and it can start to look very odd. Almost like adding mascara to your hairline. It could thicken it up nicely but it might look odd.............just a risk to consider.

If you are looking to reduce your risk by geography then the only choice in my opinion would be Belgium. Pick any doctor and you will have already reduced your risk. It is absolutely impossible to do business in Belgium as hair transplant doctor and not be at an elite level. The market forces simply will not allow it. Yes other elite doctors exist but then it becomes much more difficult to narrow them down.

The problem with Turkey as I see it is many of the clinics are marketing extremely high numbers when it comes to donor availability that’s a red flag as it’s will be devastating long term. At least one Turkish rep has come online and spilled his guts on how he was paid to work the forums another red flag. The wage level is very low so I would imagine you could hire a small army to work the young desperate boys visiting hair loss forums on a daily basis. Several patients have come forward posting very negative experiences going to Turkey. Yes all doctors have results that did not meet the expectations of the patient but it seems to me that Turkey has a higher level just my opinion though through watching the online activities of the hair transplant industry for 18 years.

Good luck and your hair looks good now. Many believe hair transplant will give them the ability to style their hair differently but this is not always the case. For example Jeremy Piven does the slight comb forward which is very normal for many hair transplant patients. You can do that now without the risk and expense and it will look infinitely better in my opinion. If anything wait a few years newer technologies will be coming to market in my opinion.

Last edited:

givemeregrowth

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't have that big forehead. It just apeers big cuz of balding and small foreheads look ugly.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
how long have you been taking propecia?
you got result with propecia , regrowth or hair maintaining?

Your hair look good man, i wouldn't do a hair transplant if i were you . Maybe you can add minoxidil on the hairline if you have miniaturized hair .

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bigliner ”big forehead” is a term of derogation and used to elicit an emotive response and the response is to take action. Very often it is used as a marketing tactic so if you take these types of comments to heart you can fall prey to the game.

Same applies to your personal life if similar terms are used. They are simply terms of derogation to elevate the status of the person making them while lowering the status of those they are directed towards. Both sexes use them, for example it’s not uncommon for another female to describe another as a tramp. It lowers status of the female it is directed towards as a long term mate while elevating the status of the female making the comment. It can even lower the status as a short term mate if one is worried about disease.

The hair transplant game is similar so it’s important to understand the game before you ever consider a procedure. All the little innocent comments are meant to push you in a specific direction. Understand what is happening. Think for yourself and observation over very long periods of time will reveal the truth for you.

Last edited:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
You don't have that big forehead. It just apeers big cuz of balding and small foreheads look ugly.
I wish I could believe small foreheads look ugly. Macaroni needs to photoshop Zayn Malik and give his a huge forehead and see if he looks more attractive. If you wear your hair like Bieber did when he was younger, a huge forehead won't look too bad but you are forced to hide your forehead all the time. I have a thin long face and huge forehead and it looks bad. This guy has a great head shape and his forehead looks normal. I would not want a hair transplant if I were him at this point yet. If I got a forehead reduction only, I would be happier but I saw that surgery and its too brutal and you will have a huge scar at the hairline even it they cove fit up with grafts.

SeanFUE

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had similar concerns regarding forehead. You do not want to chase repairs. You are fine right now. Once you start this process, you have no idea what you may get yourself into. Right now, my life has been impacted and I am going through all sorts of things. If there was a way to turn back time, i would hop in that time machine. I wish I never got in that chair.

Eman25

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello. 26 year old male here.

On Finasteride. Want a hair transplant followed by a hairline lowering later to reduce forehead size and be able to style my hair the way I want to.

View attachment 55048

A full shot of my face, censored right below the eyebrows, which are right above my eyes. Sorry if it's too bright, but my flash isn't working, so I had to let in some sunlight.

In these pics, I tried my best to drag my hair to the side, to show off my hairline. Taken with my shitty iPhone:

View attachment 55049

Slighty leaning forward.

View attachment 55050

From the side. Not a perfect profile shot, but I tried my best.

View attachment 55051

At a slight angle. I think this shows off my hairline the best of all of my pics.

I see a lot of different prices and most people seem to go with Istanbul considering the great expertise and unbeatable prices they have over there (so that is probably what I'm doing). But any country is fine.

About how much money am I looking at for a transplant? . I don't need an exact number, but an estimate would go a long way. I need to know if I have the money needed for a hair transplant.

I've read that people with a receding hairline should not get a hairline lowering, does that mean people who currently have a receded hairline or also those with a successful hair transplant who have gotten their hairline back?
U aren’t even balding