Going, Going... On The Way To Gone?

OBXastronaut

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've been monitoring hair loss forums for almost six months now. For the longest time I thought I had a huge forehead, but that theory went away once the temple recession got deeper. It's getting to the point where it's noticeable (even with long hair) and I can't stand to see myself in pictures anymore.

I started taking generic Kroger minoxidil round the beginning of October for my hairline only. While I've noticed small dark hairs growing just below my temples filling up from bottom to top, the center-part of my widow's peak continues to get thinner.

Im 24 going on 25 and obviously I need to start taking propecia. Where can I get a prescription?

What am I on the Norwood scale? 2? 2.5? 3?

Is it possible to get my hairline back to a 1.5-2 without a hair transplant? And lastly, is it to the point where I should just get it buzzed? I'm about to get it cut and I'm wondering if I'm just delaying the inevitable.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 344
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 335
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 327
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:

Kris89

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nowhere near gone yet but now is the time to act! Jump on finasteride (a doctor can prescribe this) and keep up the minoxidil if you're having good results.
Then you can merely observe over the next 12 months. I would wager that you see the loss come to a halt and you can retain this amount of hair for years to come (you may even get some regrowth). After you've confirmed it's stopped you can enjoy not worrying about it or consider options like a transplant etc (if it really bothers you). But I personally think your hair suits you as is.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started taking generic Kroger Minoxidil round the beginning of October for my hairline only. While I've noticed small dark hairs growing just below my temples filling up from bottom to top, the center-part of my widow's peak continues to get thinner.
Look well in the non-forum pages of this very site. You can get propecia without a prescription from your derm.
Your case is not extreme. I think your hair is not going anywhere so far.

OBXastronaut

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: so I ended up making a poor life choice- I buzzed my head. I'm going to grow it back, but I did discover this.

I think we know what this means....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 224
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 206

Kris89

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why have you not gone to a GP and started finasteride already? You are so early into loss that if you just get the prescription you will likely fill all of that out and not have to worry about this for potentially the next 10 years...