Going gray and bald

G

If you go gray before you go bald, is that a good thing. Could you still go gray and lose all your hair....

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
I don't know that greying, at whatever age, is a guarantee against hair loss. However, out of the men I've known who are older than, say 45, the ones with the best heads of hair were also grey.

Slarti

Edit:
traxdata said:
If you go gray before you go bald...
Can't believe I missed the obvious response that it's actually quite hard to go grey after you go bald. It's that damn distracting avatar that's to blame.

Jaygee

Established Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that, too. You see these old guys with hair either gray or white as snow, but it's insanely thick. On the celebrities side of the coin, Albert Einstein and Gregory Peck are two examples who come to mind. I'm sure you guys can think of tons more. (Hey, what color is Charlton Heston's hair these days?)

Now, if I ever hear these guys grumble about how much they miss being brunettes or whatever, I'll slap 'em silly. :D

Jaygee

Established Member
Reaction score
However, going gray is indeed no guarantee. My uncle went oddly gray at a very early age---his late 20s. But it's only been in the last four years or so that he started thinning noticeably. (He's 47.)