Going grey worries more men than going bald

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
"It's supposed to be a mark of distinction, but going gray appears a big worry for men in Britain today.

Hair color is the No1 appearance concern, with more than half of men worrying about graying hair, according to a poll by market research firm Mintel. Forty-five is the age when panic bites.

Hair loss or thinning is the second most common concern, worrying 40 percent of respondents in the survey of 2,000 men."

Full article: http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_deta ... 00805&fc=4

I'm surprised about this. I'd much prefer to have greying hair than hair loss. Grey hair can easily be dyed.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Thats not what it means, its a misleading result because most men know that they will never go bald so they dont even think about it, unless it runs in their family. But all men know that they will almost certainly go grey.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
I don't understand going gray as a negative. Even when I was 12-13-14 years old, I thought having gray hair as you get older looks totally badass.

Nene

Reaction score
TheGrayMan2001 said:
I don't understand going gray as a negative. Even when I was 12-13-14 years old, I thought having gray hair as you get older looks totally badass.

I agree, and you can always dye it.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Thats not what it means, its a misleading result because most men know that they will never go bald so they dont even think about it, unless it runs in their family. But all men know that they will almost certainly go grey.
I know more men go grey than go bald. But I always though the majority of white men go bald at some point in their life

Obsidian

Reaction score
I could understand something like this because it screams 'old' more so than 'experience'
john_slattery.jpg

I always liked the grey at the temple points though as it makes a person look distinguished.
feature_00866_the_comedians_look_from_watchmen_1.jpg

Petchsky

Reaction score
They do, to differing degrees, but not all hit NW5 etc

Wow, these future greyies don't know how good they got it if that's their biggest worry. I can honestly say the thought of going grey has never bothered me, having some hair left to go grey is more my worry.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Roger Streling, legend.

Also Obi, white and dark coloured facial hair looks really good to imo

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't mind grey
ac_sephiroth_1024.jpg

if you go grey though you can always just get hair dye, just for men (and all the cheaper hair dyes that have a picture of a lady on the front) is much more successful against grey than propecia is against hairloss

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Just for men commercials, just smash my shins with a crowbar.

Boondock

Reaction score
I remember being on holiday with my parents as a child, and one of the tour guides was going grey but looked very young. I asked my father what the hell was up - completely innocently, because I had no idea - and he explained that it was simply the case that young men could go grey.

There was also a young-looking bald tour guide. But guess what? I never thought he was a young man. I just thought he was an older guy whose face was reasonably youthful.

That's the difference.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Just for men commercials, just smash my shins with a crowbar.
i hate them too

"Going grey but not going bald at all, at least your problem has a solution"

Nene

Reaction score
Going grey is NOT a problem. If I could fix my hair loss with something that I buy in the supermarket and put in my hair for 15 minutes, I wouldn't be here. People have no right to b**ch and moan about it. For women it's a bit worse because they have longer hair which makes it harder to dye. But for men it makes them look bad *** imo and is easily remedied.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nene said:
For women it's a bit worse because they have longer hair which makes it harder to dye. But for men it makes them look bad *** imo and is easily remedied.
not reallly, most women dye their hair anyway so all they have to do is dye the roots

but i agree with your point i mean someone proposed a grey hair forum not long ago and it failed because it's a non problem
more people are dying their hair these days anyway, i can imagine in like 20 years time no one will notice grey hair because dying hair will just become the norm