going to see rahal soon. Worried about shaving the recipient

pete24

Reaction score
Im off to see dr rahal soon. Had my first hair transplant with Dr. Rogers in the UK two years ago and was really disappointed with the density. Really wish I had listened to some of the advice from people like dalek. Fortunately it only looks thin and not fake, but really needs thickening so, Im booked in with Dr rahal to sort it out properly.

Im a bit worried that he might have to shave the recipient site.
Wont it look awful? or can my hair be brushed forward to cover it? Is there a chance he wont need to or does it really improve success rates?

Im going to back at work 1 week later and Im a bit scared!!
Last time I was back at work in about 4 days with Rogers, but he didnt shave the site and it covered pretty well.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Most of the top docs insist on shaving and I think Rahal is one of them if its just a small area eg hairline that you're having done and the rest of your hair is ok then you may be able to comb forward over it but for larger sessions you've just got to buzz the whole head.
Time off is a important part of the hair transplant experience you should really be thinking in terms of weeks not days.

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am thinking going to Rahal next year too to thicken my temples. Are you serious that top docs shave the recipient area? Why is that?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yes, it makes it easier for them to make the inscisions and to place the grafts. And some believe it reduces shockloss.