going to work right after hair transplant

jimjohn

Established Member
Reaction score
can someone plz tell me how long it takes before enough hair grows so that ur scars go away after an hair transplant. for example, lets say i plan on getting a hair transplant. if i just take a couple of weeks off after it, and then i was to go back to work after 2 weeks, would my co workers be able to notice the scars or if not, would they notice that i got an hair transplant. thats in the beginning before all the hair grows, because ive heard it takes up to a year for the transplanted hair to grow back?

those of you guys that did get hair transplant's, how did you handle this situation? did you just wear hats or wigs to work? thx.

CCS

Reaction score
depends on the Doctor. most just wear a hat. I went to work as a cashier the next day and told people the story of how all the bees stung my head.

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
depends on the Doctor. most just wear a hat. I went to work as a cashier the next day and told people the story of how all the bees stung my head.

lollll CCS, for real? Maybe I'll use that when I return to work after only a week

s.a.f

Reaction score
[attachment=0:gxrrr7xo]honey.jpg[/attachment:gxrrr7xo]

Attachments

• honey.jpg
    honey.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 243

jimjohn

Established Member
Reaction score
actually there was someone in our distant family who did get an hair transplant and said that he got stung by bees when someone asked him what happened in the beginning.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Was he from Texas by any chance? :whistle:

theanimator

Reaction score
CCS said:
I went to work as a cashier the next day and told people the story of how all the bees stung my head.

Seriously? The painkillers I was on put me out of commission for at least 10 days. But I did take a full two weeks off and nurtured those grafts every day.

When I did return to work I did wear a hat everyday for about 5 months, then the hair had grown in enough that I could go without it.

jimjohn

Established Member
Reaction score
no no he wasnt from texas so he definitely wasnt ccs. lol.

those of you guys that went to work with a hat, whta kind of job did you have? were these office jobs? i dont konw how i would manage wearing hats in my job, no one does.

CCS

Reaction score
theanimator said:
CCS said:
I went to work as a cashier the next day and told people the story of how all the bees stung my head.

Seriously? The painkillers I was on put me out of commission for at least 10 days. But I did take a full two weeks off and nurtured those grafts every day.

When I did return to work I did wear a hat everyday for about 5 months, then the hair had grown in enough that I could go without it.

I just wore the hat for outdoors so UV light would not damage the grafts. Not inside though.
I was prescribed pain killers but did not use them. I took some pills for swelling, which lasted 5 days, but that was it. I felt like I had a head ache for 2 weeks. Put me in a bad mood. But I did not want to be drugged up more than necessary.

luke 21:18

Reaction score
I went to work the next day too, just have to be carefull, 3 days after though your face will look freaky from the surgery :shock: , recomend you take a week off if possible, but I diddn't

apathy212

Reaction score
Dudemon,

Your story really touched me bro. Nobody should have to go through any of that crap. I'm 27 and still have enough hair to hold off an hair transplant, but in a year or so I dunno. But with nigthmare stories like yours and others that I have seen, I don't think I'll ever get an hair transplant. It just seems way too much of a hassle. Getting the procedure done, taking an unrealistic amount of time off from work afterwards, worrying about whether you will see any results, having to constantly worry about the outside world and whether they can spot your hair transplant, going back to get more grafhs done. It's just too much.

When I first noticed I was balding back in 06 I was so optimistic. I was hoping that by now there'd be some new breakthrough that would not cure baldness but offer a better solution than what we currently have. But I've become considerably more cynical since then. I know in a couple of years I will shave everything off and just find a way to accept and cope with this new stage of my life. I'd rather be totally bald than have to go through an hair transplant.

dd11856

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, if you have a desk job, I think you could physically go back after a week and be ok. If you couldn't wear a hat, forget about it.

I have the best of both worlds, I am in management at my company, but its very laid back, and I can wear a hat. Thats what I did.

The swelling in the face can be bad, too.