Got 2 major questions about Propecia

mr_xxxplosive

Reaction score
I been reading from baldingblog.com and there Dr. Rassman who runs the site says you should see all Propecia's benefits by 8-9th month mark which includes thickening/regrowth. So if that's true how come Propecia's site says 1 year? I know he is just one person but this guy prescribes Propecia more then anybody in the U.S and has tons of experiences with it.

The other thing is I know it’s normal to lose 100-150 hairs a day. I have male pattern baldness and been losing about this much maybe more but I don’t think so. I always saw those clumps in the shower and tons of hairs during styling. But in the end I think they were those 100-150 hairs. I been on Propecia for almost 5 months and for several weeks now I don't see much hairs during styling and almost nothing at showering. So if it’s normal to lose hairs even without male pattern baldness how come I see very little shedding now?

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
mr_xxxplosive said:
I been reading from baldingblog.com and there Dr. Rassman who runs the site says you should see all Propecia's benefits by 8-9th month mark which includes thickening/regrowth. So if that's true how come Propecia's site says 1 year? I know he is just one person but this guy prescribes Propecia more then anybody in the U.S and has tons of experiences with it.

While I do believe some people can see benefits by the 8-9 month mark i don't believe that if you don't see any by then you won't see any at all, everybody responds differently and I've heard of some people that only see results after 1 year.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
mr_xxxplosive said:
The other thing is I know it’s normal to lose 100-150 hairs a day. I have male pattern baldness and been losing about this much maybe more but I don’t think so. I always saw those clumps in the shower and tons of hairs during styling. But in the end I think they were those 100-150 hairs. I been on Propecia for almost 5 months and for several weeks now I don't see much hairs during styling and almost nothing at showering. So if it’s normal to lose hairs even without male pattern baldness how come I see very little shedding now?

You won't notice all of the hair you lose in a day. That 100 -150 hairs a day being normal is for someone with no real hair loss. Keep in mind you can lose 1/2 of you original density before you notice your hair loss so if you have 1/2 your original hair you should only be losin 5-75 hairs a day.

Anyway it's obvious Propecia is working for you so stick woth it and think about adding rogaine foam and Nizoral 2%

Libido

Established Member
Reaction score
A study order from merk hints more like well under 50 hairs are normal without male pattern baldness. Testing done by not showering for a few days and then combing the hair forward over a sink or something. The patients showed only around 10 hairs lost each time.
Dont have to to find a link, but since its obviously partial and doesnt really "prove" much anyway I guess that isnt really important.
Might have some truth behind it though.

spiveslude

Reaction score
I actually read the same study and I am fairly confident that the hair count by brushing forward was much higher than that.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
does it matter how many hairs they lose? the difference being their hairs come back as strong where as male pattern baldness sufferers the hair grows back weaker until it ceases to exist.