Got my haircut..

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
(First of all, it felt great to take a shower beforehand and not have to put on Rogaine)

So, I went back to get my haircut after two months.

If anyone read my story, you will know that my haircut two months ago is what prompted me to come to this website.

So I go back again today. There are at least 6 hairstylists working today, but the one that called my name is the same one as last time. What I didn't mention about last time is that this girl is actually quite pretty, and I was hoping that she would be the one to cut my hair.

So, we make small talk, but I'm constantly thinking that I need to say something, like, thank you for helping me to confront my problem, or something like that. I'm not even sure if she remembered me from the last time.

Anyway, as she's wrapping up, she asks me if I'd ever tried American Crew Revitalize shampoo. I brought up the fact that she told me to use that two months ago when I got my haircut, but I couldn't remember the name, so I got Nexxus Diametress instead. She was immediately like "No no no, that's like Nioxin" or something like that. I didn't question her about that further.

She again told me that I've got full coverage everywhere, it's just that my hair is so fine on top that is the problem. I at this point bite the bullet, and tell her that I've started using Rogaine and Propecia. Again, she's immediately like "No no, don't start using those!"

"Why not?"

"Because if you ever stop, it's like turning off a light switch. Everything just turns off, and you lose all the hair that you've regrown"

I said "Ok", but I'm definitely not going to stop using them.

So then she asks me if I want anything else, maybe picking up the American Crew shampoo? To which I said "sure".

At this point we walk around to the hair products shelf, and she starts explaining all about American Crew, and how I can buy the whole system, and if I don't like it, I can return it. Then she actually takes out the spray, and says "May I?", and she sprays it on my temple and rubs it in a bit.

"And it smells really nice too", and she gives me her hand to smell"

Again, she's really cute, so I didn't mind this extra attention at all, even though we're in front of all the other customers.

Thanks to this site, I'm already fully aware of American Crew, and know that it's a decent product, and I'll need some copper peptides when my Tricomin runs out, so I agree to buy it.

She tells me to come back in two months, so she can see the progress.

So, it looks like the next time I go back, I'll be asking for her by name :)

My point: I hear lots of people say how they're embarrased to get their hair cut because it looks so bad wet. I say, don't hide it, use it! Hairdressers probably love talking about hair, and if you see one you like, just start talking about your "problem" (easier said than done, I know), and then they can be your personal stylist from then on.

Sure, nothing will likely come of it, but it will at least make your haircuts more pleasant.

Did I mention she was cute?? :inlove:
T&H

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, no responses. Well don't I feel like the loser

Stuff I'd like to get you guys' opinion on:

• 1. Nioxin: What the heck is that?
    2. American Crew Revitalize System: What do you people think? It's got Rosemary, Thyme, Saw Palmetto, Vitamin B5 etc. I've always assumed this stuff was a bunch of hogwash, but we'll see.
    3. Would you quit the big 3 if your hairdresser told you to?
    4. Would you be embarrassed talking about your hairloss with your hairdresser in front of everyone else in the store?
    5. Would you use your hairloss in order to meet women if you could? :)

G

sh*t T&H if that was here in England the barber would probably shout something like "hey guys look here, I got a f*****g bald bastard" followed by around 10 minutes of laughing from all the 'customers' who hang around there and never seem to get their hair cut, but do read the free newspapers, and as for the 'products shelf' it would be mainly condoms, industrial strength once a month shampoo and tomato ketchup.

you Americans, you got it all, fresh orange juice, spaceships, big cars, you make me sick.

HairFarmer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hah...that’s an awesome story. I think you're uber close to getting her number ;)..

I think she’s just looking out for you and that’s awesome she has a heart..

I have some feedback on nioxin for you....

I started using Nioxin 3 years ago and then dropped it 9 months ago due to a local supplier who shut his doors to the public. I regret it. I swear when I quit using it my hair started to thin out like crazy after 3 months...this could have been my body changing and hormones + dht starting to act like little fuckers..

NIOXIN

Shampoo - The shampoo is excellent for removing oil, dirt and daily debris from your scalp. You will feel the difference..

Conditioner - The conditioner I swear is what helped me maintain positive blood flow to the scalp. It is very minty and you can literally feel it tingling after every single application. I applied this at night so I could wake up with volume the next day. Make sure you let it soak in...

Follicle spray - Not sure if it worked but it does help draw blood to scalp and sometimes would leave red marks if it dripped across the cheek. I used it at night so the redness was gone by the morning.

Now this part is what got me...

I actually noticed some new hairs growing back in the frontal area...i kid you not. They were small but they were definitely visible. I also received the most comments from my GF when I was using Nioxin...thickness, color and overall quality...I think for the price ($11 shampoo, $14 conditioner, $12 follicle boost) everyone should work this into their regimen...

Grandpa

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know about Am Crew Revitalize. I mean maybe if it had Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme instead of just the latter two I would consider it. Seriously though, I'm having a pretty bad reaction to minoxidil and considering using peptides so I'm wondering some of these things myself.

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
3. Would you quit the big 3 if your hairdresser told you to?

Hell no LoL

As HairFarmer said, I think she is trying to look out for you but she is a freaking hairdresser!!! LoL

Just because you cut hair doesnt make you an expert in hair... Plus she is a chick. Chicks dont worry about DHT levels :wink:

4. Would you be embarrassed talking about your hairloss with your hairdresser in front of everyone else in the store?

If it starts a good conversation with a hot chick.... hell no! I'll sing a song about it for Christ's sake! :)

5. Would you use your hairloss in order to meet women if you could?

You better bet your *** I would! :lol:

If you're looking for a good copper peptide compound I recommend Folligen. I even use the stuff on my face and my complexion has never been better. The stuff kicks *** IMHO

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Cool guys, thanks for the advice.

When I go back in two months, hopefully I'll have more hair, thanks to the big 3, and she'll be all like, "See, I told you this shampoo worked!"

And I will smile, and say, "Yes, it sure did"

I don't think chicks dig it when you tell them they're wrong :)

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Update: I just got my haircut today.

I walked in, and the cute girl was busy cutting some guy's hair, but she did look up and say "Hello, welcome to Great Clips!" She obviously didn't remember me from last time. <wishfulThinking>Maybe it's because I've grown so much hair that she didn't recognize me </wishfulThinking>

Then some other girl came up (not quite as cute), and said, "If you're ready, I can give you your haircut now."

I didn't really want to say "No, no, I want to wait for the other girl", so I just said "Ok", and went back to get my haircut.

About halfway through, she asks me "Hey, has anyone here recommended to you to use a thickening shampoo like American Crew Revitalize?"

If you read my story, you'll see that this was exactly what prompted me to search for a solution to my hairloss in the first place. Anyway, it was kinda sucky because at 4 months, I'm feeling like I've had pretty good results, but evidently, my hair is still so thin that it's noticable. Also, this is a completely different person from the first person who asked me, so I guess I've got my second opinion.

Anyway, that combined with the fact that the hot hairdresser didn't even remember me after that intimate moment we had over by the hair products shelf... :hairy:

kinda having a bad day...

muii

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi T&H....

You seem like a very cool down to earth guy bro...so having said that, heres my opinion....I have read your very first story and now these ones..

my questions are these...is this is private owned salon or a chain like supercuts or fantastic sams like we have here in l.a.?

more than likely thge store gets a kickback type rebate from different manufactures every 3 months or so (quarterly) when they sell the products on their shelf...

You will notice some places carry only specific brands of gels, sprays, etcc...

its because....

1. they dont have enough room to carry all the brands..
2. 99% of the time they usually push what is on promotion with specific brands..ie. KMS, SEBASTIAN, PAUL MITCHEL, and yes AMERICAN CREW..thats why the other girl mentioned the product too...because more than likely its on promo for them to sell, not necesarily because your thinning...everyone is a canditate to them...no different than a used car salesman

so my advice is this....if this girl dug you and was interested, she would of remembered you and said something like..., "oh hi....(insert name here)...how have you been?...did you want me to cut your hair today?"

and not ..."HELLO WELCOME TO GREAT CLIPS!" ....dumb broad

dont focus on her too much...if she strikes convo with you when you go in ...cool...if she doesnt when you go in...cool too....

just my 2 cents...

all the best...

V

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
did the hair dresser rub her tit's all over the back of your head? man i had that once fkn was the best hair cut i ever got, it gave me a massive hard-on and when she was done and said i could get up i was like,.....ohhh just a second coz my dick was about as stiff as a steel poll

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement.
Yes, Great Clips is one of those cheap chain stores.

As for why both hairdressers decided to push the AC system on me, well, I have thin hair!

I do, however, feel that I've made great progress in the 4 months since I started, and I think the only people that would notice I'm thinning at this point are my hairdressers.

As for that cute hairdresser, I'm really not that hung up over her. It's not like I'm counting down the 58 days, 16 hours, and 26 minutes until I see her again :hairy: