Got my lasercomb today

Reaction score
Ok guys just got my lasercomb today,bought a second-hand one so it wasn't so hard on the pocket.Anyway will report results(if any) in 3 months.Would appreaciate any updates from other guys using Lasercomb and happy with it.Dont need to be disencouraged b4 even starting it.

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope your hairloss is in the earliest of stages, otherwise you probably shouldn't be on such an easy regimen. If your hairloss starts to advance, you had better get on something better than the lasercomb and T-gel.

hopewas

Reaction score
hair exercise? like i said before. sucker. 2 things that you do and they're both the last things you should consider

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
You can look at this two ways:

1) Since you're catching your hairloss early, you should get on a really good regimen to make absolutely sure you will maintain what you have.

2) Since you're catching your hairloss early, an easier regimen might be just enough to stop the hairloss process.

I would recommend the second approach if you're uncertain whether or not you have male pattern baldness. I would also recommend the second approach if you are sure you have male pattern baldness but expect it to progress very slowly. You might be able to determine this based on what has happened to other members of your family with their hairloss.

Otherwise, I'd recommend the first approach. The only reason I'd avoid recommending the first approach in all cases is because some people really think topicals are a pain in the ***, and some people (justifiably) are leery of using internals. So they may not want to use topicals or internals unless they think it's necessary.

I'm not convinced the lasercomb is a complete scam. I am very skeptical though, especially since we STILL have not heard anything about the lasercomb getting FDA approval for hairloss. We've been waiting around for this for what seems like forever. It's also pretty damn expensive. Costwise, the only advantage is has over other treatments is that it is a one-time cost.

I don't know much about scalp exercises, but I'm pretty skeptical of that too.

drinkrum

Reaction score
If you're catching it early, I would hit it hard. Napalm your body with finasteride daily and a good shampoo like Nizoral or T/Gel. Keep on it for a year and if it isn't working out for you, then I would pursue alternate treatments that have less scientific merit.

Just my 0.02.

D.

rill

Established Member
Reaction score
hair mchair said:
I'm not convinced the lasercomb is a complete scam. I am very skeptical though, especially since we STILL have not heard anything about the lasercomb getting FDA approval for hairloss. We've been waiting around for this for what seems like forever. It's also pretty damn expensive. Costwise, the only advantage is has over other treatments is that it is a one-time cost.

On their webpage they where talking about the status of the trials.
I think that they said that the FDA wanted additional trials because they didnt have a controlled placegroup.
They said that they didnt use one because of the difficulty to create a placebo lazercomb.

This is from their site::
Placebos …..controls…. urgh…..

This has been the most agonizing issue of my last few years.

It is our premise that for a hair growth study the best mode for a control is the ‘Base Line’ hair count. The use of a blinded control was considered for our first clinical study but our factors of the decision to use the Base Line were as follows:

-Androgenetic alopecia is well documented and is known to be regressive. Additional data on hair loss would not add to our statistical analysis. We however used 11% increase in hair count to be considered regrowth which takes into account the placebo effect of Propecia/Minoxidil studies and any changes in waxing and weaning of the hair growth cycles.

-We further considered the precedence of the laser hair removal clinical trials in which used the base line hair count as the control.

-Most importantly we fell it was unethical to place tattoo marks in someone scalp with thinning hair and then closely trim the hair 5 times to perform hair counts. We feel that tattooing and trimming may lead to further hair thinning for that individual.

- The only viable way of including a blind control is to issue a LaserComb without a laser. Users were instructed to read the user manual and watch the video which contains images of the laser light. We feel a control group would not be blind as laser light is visible, and there would be a high probability of noncompliance.

Anyway during the design of our first trial we received a memo from the FDA accepting the base line as the control. However in the final panel review the FDA highlighted the lack of a placebo sham controlled study as one of their reasons for not clearing our device on this round. In case you’re interested some of the other items that were listed as our trial design deficiencies are that we did not diagnosis the etiology of the individuals hair loss and we did not correctly factor in the drop out rate in the statistical analysis.

I once again comment that our clinical data was statistically significant and we felt the strength of the data should have justified clearance. But we are not in a position to question the FDA we only want to provide the necessary material and clinical data for ultimate clearance.

So we are currently back to trial design phase and have our new protocol ready to submit to the FDA. This time we are covering all our bases (I hope) and have developed a sham device as the control.

Regards,

David Michaels

avri

Established Member
Reaction score
hair mchair said:
I'm not convinced the lasercomb is a complete scam.
I agree. It already has FDA approval for hair thickening, and the results from partial testing toward FDA approval for regrowth indicate some potential. So buying a used one for about half the price of a new one is not a bad deal at all.

avri

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
baldbotak, make sure you use it 3x/week. I used it 2x/week for 6 months and didn't see nothing but thickening and some worthless vellus hairs below the hairline. 2 hairs way below the hairline did thicken up to normal size but they fell out weeks later. I started using it 3x/week about 2 months ago and I've experienced a shed, don't know if it's going to be good or not. I'm not saying this thing is great but it does work. My experience is that it will thicken and bring back some almost dead follicles. But for me it has'nt made a big cosmetical difference which is dissapointing. But maybe the 3x/week will work better.