Got prescribed Fluocinolone Acetonide Topical Solution

Louie

Reaction score
I went to see a practicing physician at my university for my cracking skin. I mentioned that my scalp has been itchy and my hair recently started thining on the top (mostly middle and front).

She said that male pattern baldness is just the crown, and that my thinning is actually related to the itching instead. So she prescibed me fluocinolone acetonide topical solution, 0.01%.

Contains: 0.1mg of fluocinolone acetonide per mL in a base containing propylene glycol and citric acid.

I'm somewhat worried that I was prescribed this chemical by a practicing physician....I know little of chemistry and was wondering if anyone could tell me more about this stuff? Does it sounds like she is competent or clueless?

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
Louie said:
I went to see a practicing physician at my university for my cracking skin. I mentioned that my scalp has been itchy and my hair recently started thining on the top (mostly middle and front).

She said that male pattern baldness is just the crown, and that my thinning is actually related to the itching instead. So she prescibed me fluocinolone acetonide topical solution, 0.01%.

Contains: 0.1mg of fluocinolone acetonide per mL in a base containing propylene glycol and citric acid.

I'm somewhat worried that I was prescribed this chemical by a practicing physician....I know little of chemistry and was wondering if anyone could tell me more about this stuff? Does it sounds like she is competent or clueless?

Well i'm in same boat with you got 30g cream with 0.25g fluocinolone acetonide don't know but really don't help in my situation (make my scalp $hit) but i know that you must use it for short period of time. Kinda strange because propylene glycol can be bad in this situation, i don't know what in this cream because they write how much fluocinolone acetonide no other things

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
She said that male pattern baldness is just the crown, and that my thinning is actually related to the itching instead.

She obviously doesn't know male pattern baldness.