Got Proscar, thinking about throwing it in minoxidil????

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
Whats up guys

I got three .5mg Proscar tablets and was wondering what you thought on me throwing them in the minoxidil bottle. Any suggestions, is this a waste of time and minoxidil/Proscar? Done some research but I figured ID run it by some of you pros

Thanks in advance

-DB

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I did it...I dropped 2 full capsules of Proscar into my 1 month supply of minoxidil. I do not use it orally, maybe the content will be enough to get it into my follicles

I do not use it orally, so I guess I will just keep you guys updated as to what happens

-DB

lordhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Please keep us updated on your results

I've just started using finasteride cream

-

CCS

Reaction score
it might work. I've read about similar vehicles stopping hair loss. Not sure how exact the vehicle has to be. And a capsule has a shell and meds on the inside. Proscar is a tablet, which is everything crushed until it is hard. A pill is the general term for either. A soft gell is a specific type of capsule. Proscar is 5mg, not 0.5mg.

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
it might work. I've read about similar vehicles stopping hair loss. Not sure how exact the vehicle has to be. And a capsule has a shell and meds on the inside. Proscar is a tablet, which is everything crushed until it is hard. A pill is the general term for either. A soft gell is a specific type of capsule. Proscar is 5mg, not 0.5mg.

yeh 5 is right, dont know where I came up with .5. What works better, the capsule, or the pill?

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
`Nvermind, I did the research and from what Ive read the pill is better. The whole thing seems to have dissolved, nothing left over