Got some pics to share (Revivogen) Any suggestions? Anyone..

amsch

Reaction score
Well, i've been using Revivogen for 3 1/2 months now, and my hair is the thinnest ever. After i quitted propecia back in march, my hair gets worse day by day. I've seen a reduced shedding rate in the last days, but hair still feels thin and strawy.

Here is my hair back in december
5122b551.jpg

Propecia has maintained what i had and hair looked good. After quitting in march, i noticed a strong shed. (I quit propecia due to gynecomastia on my left breast and other side effects)

Here is how my hair looks now (July 2008)
8722c652.jpg

This is after 3 1/2 months on Revivogen. (My hairline is even a bit worse than seen here)

So, there are 3 explanations.
1.) After quitting propecia i had a massive shed which will not grow back, and Revivogen doesn't work.
2.) Revivogen caused a neagative shed and hair possibly won't grow back.
3.) Revivogen caused a positive shed, and hair will grow back now (which i doubt.)

What would you guys reccomend me? I'm 19 years old, btw. Not seeing much brightness for me.

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
Assuming you're not a tight budget, I'd say stick it out and pray it works. Even if it isn't strong enough to save the hairs that propecia maintained, maybe it can slow down loss. If you feel it just gets worse and worse, you could consider either replacing revivogen with proxiphen or using both of them. TBH I think it's more likely that not you'll still go bald, but you have nothing to lose except money.

amsch

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

Well, it's just so damn unfair that i had to quit propecia, but it worked for me. :(

Let's be honest, with trying Revivogen i made a huge mistake and my hair has to pay the price for it :(

Would still like to hear some other posts.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sorry you were forced to quit a sucesfull medication mate. How bad were the sides? It seems it may be a toss up between dealing with the sides and having hair or losing at your pre-determined speed and being side free...
Did you consider cutting down the dosgae at all?
I guess revivogen is no match for finasteride.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Amsch, Have you considered trying promox? You may have less sides if you use a form of topical Propecia. The only problem is the retin-a is very irritating to some like me. But you can get it without retin-a. Otherwise, the expensive alternative is Proxiphen. Proxiphen has never irritated my scalp like Promox. Revivogen tends to thicken up existing hairs but I don't think know if you can get regrowth.

amsch

Reaction score
the side effect that forced me to quit: my left breast startet to grow. Other side effects: the usual ones (low libido, fat, acne and stuff). Didn't try to reduce the dose as i heard that it does not make any difference, as 0,1 mg seems to have the same effects to DHT and estrogenes as 1 mg has.

Promox sounds risky to me. Tried Remox III (without PPG) and had not much success with it. I guess I'm gonna stick with revivogen for at least 6 months. What else can i do. I have to say that my hair feels completely different since quitting propecia and starting revivogen. It's not curly anymore, it's just thin and hard to describe.

I still have those dark cycles under my eyes, which are horrible. And if that wouldn't be enough, i have a horrible sleeping disorder (the cycles could be due to that, but not sure. i had these bad sleeping habits before as well). Also have some bad thyroid levels, but doctor says everything is fine, even if some values are out of range. But hey, what else do doctors say?

I remember the good old times where i took one pill every night and everything was fine...

sammo

Established Member
Reaction score
hey man, hang in there.

walking away from sides is a massive step and atleast u can feel better about your health. im using 0.25mg of propecia for that exact reason.

my hair continues to thin at crown after around 8 months on revivogen.

Not losing as many hairs but when i run my hand through my crown, aint feeling good.

I'm gonna give it abit longer though, before im attacking it with minoxidil.

Sammo.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Amsch, I would have tried to reduce your dose to half a Propecia. Dr Rassman has had many patients successful reduce their sides with 0.5mg and still get benefits from Propecia. You never want to go buy "what people say". I would go by what a doctor says. I guess its too late now for that decision but it would have been worth a try. Everyone responds differently to medications. Keep with Revivogen and maybe add some LLT. I responded great when I was on the Lasercomb and Revivogen only.

the Last Fight

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Amsch .. i was just curious as to how your diet and excercise level? Not that it would much for your hiar but im sure if it was imporved some of your other syptoms might get better.

amsch

Reaction score
@DoctorHouse: From what I've read in the past, people who got sides on 1mg of propecia, had even the same side effects on a 0,25mg dosage. Besides, it reduces the same amount of dht, i think. :(

@thelastfight: Generally said, i'm a healthy person. I play in a soccer team regularly and do not eat more unhealthy stuff than any other person does.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
amsch said:
@DoctorHouse: From what I've read in the past, people who got sides on 1mg of propecia, had even the same side effects on a 0,25mg dosage. Besides, it reduces the same amount of dht, i think. :(

@thelastfight: Generally said, i'm a healthy person. I play in a soccer team regularly and do not eat more unhealthy stuff than any other person does.
Well, if your hair does not get better in another 6 months, trying 0.5mg may not be a bad idea. If I was in your situation I would because I just would not be satisfied until I noticed it first hand. But its your body so its your choice.

abcdefg

Reaction score
In one of the other countries Japan maybe they have .2mg as the approved dose. Really you could take half that like .125 and probably still have an effect on hairloss but not changing your hormone levels as drastically. Of course less finasteride would be less effectiveness.

amsch

Reaction score
Well, started using Revivogen exactly 4 months ago.
My shedding has reduced, however my hair still feels thin and lifeless. Don't know if i'll ever get back to the thickness i had prior to revivogen. Started minoxidil on my temples as well.

@anyone who suggests me propecia: look at my bloodwork again closely, don't think you'll suggest me revivogen again.

jads

Reaction score
Having gone cold turkey on finasteride myself, I too had a 2-3 month shed of epic proportions! Have you read the in depth descriptions of shedding on this board? Talks about the whole telogen effluvium thing, whereby finasteride\propecia can cause it 3-4 months into your medication. It causes a lot of hair to switch to the telogen phase and then shed.

I've been on revivogen for almost 6 months and shedding has stopped but may well now take up to a year to grow back,

good luck