Gotnowhatchamacallits Story (24, 10 months in/please advise)

Reaction score
Ok, I have been on Finasteride, Nizoral and Rogaine for around ten months. In fact I've been on and off Rogaine for the last 3 or 4 years and about 18 months ago I bought 6 months supply of Propecia and it did nothing. I am now sure it was fake as I suffered no sides but when I started taking quartered Proscar bought from Inhouse Pharmacy, around 10 months ago, I had watery semen, difficulty ejaculating and low sex drive. All of which have now subsided.

My hairloss is just at the temples and I have pretty much maintained my hairline since age 17 (I'm now 24) as I have been aware of it since age 18.

To me it is very bad but no one else thinks it is. I know it is for sure after seeing other peoples on here. I wear my hair longish but I buzzed it a couple of years ago. The hair loss looks really bad when I brush my hair back but when I buzzed it and dyed it, it looked perfect, so that may give you an idea of how it looks (I'm not comfortable posting pics).

Anyway, I have been on the big 3 pretty solid for 10 months with the exception of missing a few weeks here and there of Nizoral. Over the last 2 or 3 months I have started noticing some slight regrowth. Great stuff! It's only slight but it's better than nothing. Have been comparing my hairline to a photo of myself when I was 17 and sometimes it looks the same and sometimes it looks worse now, so it can't be much different!

However, over the last week or two, it looks terrible. Not to the point where anyone else would likely notice but it is definitely worse. It has thinned around the temples. I have never had a shed before and although this isn't major, I am very worried. Do you think this is a shed or is my hairloss just progressing? Is this normal for 10 months in? I am quite worried.

FreeloaderUK

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 10 months in, please advise.

could be hairloss coming back or just a shed, only time will tell.

Reaction score

My hairline hasn't changed much in 7 years, now all of a sudden, over the last week or two, it seems to have thinned. So I am hoping it's a shed as I've also noticed more hair in the sink too.

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score

Could be a stress thing as well especially if you're looking at your hair obsessively everyday. Your mind can play tricks on you. I think it is most likely a shed and you worrying about it is making it worse. Of course without photos we're all just guessing but my advice is to try not to look at your hair for a month (easy to do if its buzzed and you dont have to style it). Take photos for your own comparisons you don't have to show anyone else. Then after a month compare them with your current state. From there weigh your options but keep optimistic because it's most likely a shed and going to come back better.

best of luck man

Reaction score

cleverusername said:
Could be a stress thing as well especially if you're looking at your hair obsessively everyday. Your mind can play tricks on you. I think it is most likely a shed and you worrying about it is making it worse. Of course without photos we're all just guessing but my advice is to try not to look at your hair for a month (easy to do if its buzzed and you dont have to style it). Take photos for your own comparisons you don't have to show anyone else. Then after a month compare them with your current state. From there weigh your options but keep optimistic because it's most likely a shed and going to come back better.

best of luck man

Good advice. Thanks man.