gr8ful1117's story

gr8ful1117

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new here..my husband actually found the website for me today. As I was crying with handfuls of hair falling out of my head. This started after my last son was born 5 years ago. It was gradual at first. I wasn't too worried because I figured it was hormonal after having a child. Now 5 years later it is scaring me. I don't want to be a 42 year old woman who is balding. I hate taking showers now because evrytime I anticipate how much will fall out today. I went to the drs. a few times and had bloodwork done and evrything was normal except that I have very low ferretin levels. So, I started taking iron supplements about two years ago to raise it up. I will admit I'm not consistant because I get so frustrated over all this hair falling out with or without taking the iron. Right now I would have to say it is at it's worst. I am going to fianlly go and buy Rogaine tomorrow in hopes that it slows down the process. I wonder if it's getting worse because I'm going thru peri-menopause? All of this doesn't help with my anxiety that has decided to rear it's ugly head again too! Maybe it's anxiety from the hair loss or the hormonal changes with menopause. Can anyone relate and please give me some hope??? I use to feel somewhat good about myself..I thought hey I didn't look so bad for being 40 but now at 42 almost 43 in few weeks I feel sad and anxious. I try to keep my faith in God and I pray that this stops but more so I pray that it isn't something the drs. are missing. Sorry for such a long email..If any of you can help me.I would so appreciate it as my drs. have washed there hands.