Gradual Minoxidil Introduction To Avoid Shedding?

ACarlos

Reaction score
I've been using 2% Nizoral (3-5 days week) for years but I'm considering adding Minoxidil to see if I can gain any thickness. I never did have any shedding when I started Nizoral but I did introduce the product very slowly. Has anyone had any luck avoiding a Minoxidil shed by doing the same thing? Recently I read a few success stories from men who started out using Minoxidil just a few times a month, maybe just once a week, then twice a week in the second month and so on. I also have pretty sensitive skin and would like to avoid shocking the scalp too quickly and then have to discontinue use.

Thought I'd ask if anyone had tried this?

resu

Reaction score
Doesn't work that way, you just use it and keep using it until something better comes or you give up and lose any gains.

dps

Banned
Reaction score
mmmm what about when you have regrown all the hair that you can possibly want (yeah right) would it be enough to use minoxi once every day or two just to maintain?

resu

Reaction score
Yeah you can use only once a day to maintain or use foam during the day and liquid at night.

ACarlos

Reaction score
Doesn't work that way, you just use it and keep using it until something better comes or you give up and lose any gains.

I understand that old hair will be released as follicles widen, but I was thinking that going slower might make any shedding less of an event compared to a full twice daily treatment where hair is kinda assaulted very fast without any real time to adjust. I wouldn't expect the hair to not shed at all, but that it would be somewhat less obvious and more drawn out over a longer period as the hair slowly gets used to the Minoxidil.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
bad idea. Just start it as directed for best results