Graham's story (23 years old) (pics)

thorin77

Reaction score
hey everyone. Ive been bumming around the hairloss forums for a while now and this one seemed like a good one to join. There are lots of pictures and lots of success. I'm 23 and I live in Toronto. I had been growing my hair out for a few years, so i didnt pay much attention to male pattern baldness. About 6 months ago i cut my hair short and i suddenly started to worry. I asked my girlfriend and of course she said it was fine, but i couldnt really trust her to understand. The first sign i had of male pattern baldness was that there were a few hairs that stuck out lower than the rest of my hairline. i had never noticed these before.

My mothers side of the family has slight recession, probably Norwood 3 at the most. They have either dark brown or black hair, my brother has black hair, and very slight recession, if any. He is 26. My fathers side of the family has thin hair. My dad is just going bald now, and my grandfather always had a bald spot that i could remember.

I started Finpecia from United Pharmacies about a month ago, Nizoral 2% two months ago, and I ordered rogaine foam from ebay (because you can't get it here) and it should be arriving this week.

Here are a few pics of my hair over the past few years, maybe you guys can shed light on the situation.

Thanks.

thorin77

Reaction score
Pics

here are the pics. the first one is from 4 years ago.

Attachments

• 58.jpg
    58.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 3,768
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 3,612
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 3,589

ruffles

Reaction score
Re: Whats up? 23 and my hair is driving my f****ing crazy

You have nice hair in that pic. :)

Cassin

Reaction score
Re: Whats up? 23 and my hair is driving my f****ing crazy

Could you change your title to what the rest of this forum has please?

And your hair looks great to me! Nice and healthy.

thorin77

Reaction score
More pics

Hey here are some more pics from yesterday apr. 28/08

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 3,567
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 3,561
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 3,552

thorin77

Reaction score
one more pic

last one

any feedback good or bad is welcome. thanks.

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 3,567

Olorin

Established Member
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with you. Your hairline is maturing. Same exact thing happened to me.

s.a.f

Reaction score
You know something I see so many women with thin hair or really high hairlines or crowns that look like this guys. They're not going bald its just how their hair is.
I really believe that there are 100's of guys on here who are worrying about nothing.

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
mature hairline, perfectly normal for your age. Crown looks like a cowlick, you've probably had it all your life, just noticing it since your looking with eagle-eyes these days. I would do nothing except take a multivitamin, exercise and eat healthy (since you should be doing this anyway)

thorin77

Reaction score
Ok thanks for replying everyone. You have to consider that my hair is almost 3 inches long in these pics. it looked really weird a few months ago when it was down to next to nothing. I'll see if i can find a pic.I can understand that it may be a mature hairline now, but do you think it will hurt to get on the big 3 now, to prevent any hairloss in my future? or maybe thicken up my hairline? I feel bad even asking this knowing that there are millions of you that have it a lot worse than i do, but i feel like i cant just sit around now after learning so much about hairloss and let my hair fall out if it does. Ive been taking finpecia for the past month, and i havent experienced any sides, so i think ill keep at it. and nizoral just makes my hair shiny and is a really good shampoo anyways, so im going to stick with that. One thing that has been bothering me is that ive had a really bad itchy scalp, and it was only in the areas that im worried about. but that actually has gone down the last two days.

ruffles

Reaction score
Your hair looks like mine did 2 years ago. And I think we have the same crown. Doesn't look like your receding.

cryton

Reaction score
Hi, i can honestly say that it would be a waste of your money to start any treatment as you have no signs of male pattern baldness. Your vortex on your crown is completely normal, everyone has different thinkness of hair. Your hairline is perfectly fine in my opinion and for the random hairs below your hairline they are just natural. There is a big difference from a mature head of hair to getting male pattern baldness.

its all good!!

thorin77

Reaction score
ok, so alot of you have said that i just have a mature hairline. that may be the case, but what causes a mature hairline? and couldn't it be early signs that of male pattern baldness? I'm sure alot of people on here started off with mature hairlines. If i don't mind spending the money and time I could maximize my hairs potential, because im sure my hair has become less thick over the years. If it isnt Dht causing that, than what is it?

NicholasLim

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey , my hairline is almost like yours, however , my hairline was lower and now it has receeded to be like yours , how do you know if the hairline will stop receeding further and stays there as a mature hairline? i have been on finasterdie for 4-5 months now ! what to do next?

cryton

Reaction score
Is your hairline broken though? If it has creeped back a bit i wouldnt worry but if it starts to look broken and shabby i would get on something. My left temple is the worse part of my hairline.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ive noticed that lots of people have trouble recognising what a mature hairline actually is... Its seems that some people believe its minor recession at the temples but if you look at the Norwood chart, a nw2 (considered a mature hairline) is actually quite receeded at the temples. Also, if you naturally had a widows peak hairline and then started to develop a mature hairline, wouldnt it appear to be more receeded or sharper than someone who matured from a straight hairline? Does any of this make sense :dunno:

To the OP, dosnt look like you are losing hair, take pics and keep an eye on it.

cryton

Reaction score
I think mature hairlines are not for people in their 20's or 30's. i think you get a mature hairline the otherside of 40 at least. i am a Norwood 2 but i do not have a mature hair i have male pattern baldness. You neither have a mature hairline nor male pattern baldness!! :agree:

Libido

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty much like my hair did a half a year ago when I started caring. Now its worse.
Started with propecia when it looked like that; simply because it had gotten thinner and my dad is a baldie.

I dont think its too early, if you are certain your hair is thinner.

cryton

Reaction score
I totally agree if it makes you happier. If your like me the photos i post dont give a true reflection anyway. :agree:

thorin77

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm about 2 months into finasteride. and almost 1 month on rogaine foam on my temples and crown. It's been going pretty good so far. Today was an interesting day however. I decided to run my hands through my hair a couple of times just to see if I was experiencing any form of shedding. About 40 fairs fell out. I then took a shower and about 20 came out on my hands. I've never lost hair to this extent before in one single period; a few weeks ago i would run my hands through and maybe 1 hair would fall out, most times nothing. Some of the hairs are small and thin, a lot shorter that the length of the rest of my hair. I'm taking this and the quantity of loss as a good sign though and I hope for some success soon. My head is really itchy all the time though a lot itchier than it was pre-treatment. But I'm going to take that as a good sign too. The one thing that has been bugging me is that my eyebrows are itchy, really itchy and every time i touch them I lose a hair or sometimes as many as 3. The last week or so I've lost 10-20 eyebrow hairs a day. I hope thats normal.