Grasshüpfers Story - finasteride, Ru And Later minoxidil

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm putting my money where my mouth is by posting my regimen and some pics.

My Genes:

Diffuse looser everywhere but still kinda nw1. Some days I'm a nw1, some days my hair looks like cotton candy and I can see my whole Norwood 5 area.

I'm 28 now and most male relatives of me were solid nw5/6 at my age, except of my dad. He is loosing his hair so slowly that only at 65 he is going from nw2 to nw4a/5. Therefore I though I would follow my dad, but nada.

The Brotzu phase:

I realised i was balding about one year ago and followed the kerastem tread instead of going on the big 3.

Got super scared by the finasteride horror stories and didn't take action until September 2016, being super depressed and quitting my relationship.

At that point I realised if I was living as a baldcel, I could basically castrate myself anyway and jumped on Ru in September.
Ru didn't seem to do a whole lot after three months, so I added 1mg of finasteride daily in November.

Currently:

At this point I'm on seven months of Ru and on five months of finasteride.
I'm shedding like crazy, counting about 60 hairs when washing them in the sink and filtering the water afterwards.
But the fact alone that my status is not notably worse than the baseline pics from August and that I don't get sides from finasteride makes me confident that I will manage to keep my hair

I also took Seti topically for a few moths, but Swoops negativity ;) and the fact that it's only stable for 48 hours got the better of me.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Regimen:

I use:

80mg Ru58441 / 2ml every day
Dermaroll with 0.5 mm for better penetration

1mg Finpecia from Cipla every day

1.5 mm dermastamp every week for about 30 mins until I look like a lion eating.

My ru solution is:

16 ml 80% Alcohol (Braun Softasept n)
12 ml Propylene Glycoleum
3 ml Water
1,2 g Ru 58441
> 30 ml last about two weeks.

I add the ru to 10 ml Alcohol, shake it, wait 10 minutes until it dissolved more or less and then add the rest.

I apply the ru with a 1ml syringe with a blunt tip.

Dermastamping is pretty straight forward; I sometimes add oral whiskey.

Attachments

• IMG_20170415_232801128.jpg
    IMG_20170415_232801128.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 277

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Current status

My hair looks exactly like 9 months ago.
Some photos are better, some worse, but generally I seem to maintain.

For some reason Google photos always puts the newer photo first in collages. The pic with sun is the newer one.

Attachments

• IMG_20170415_221133.jpg
    IMG_20170415_221133.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 539
Last edited:

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
B is the newer one.

Attachments

• IMG_20170415_222633.jpg
    IMG_20170415_222633.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 645

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Outlook

For now I'm happy that my hairloss is slower than I thought/ at least slowed down by finasteride. (Maybe even stopped ;) )
I'm waiting now a couple more months to see if the shedding stops and then either add minoxidil if it goes well or dutasteride if I keep shedding for longer than a year.

I guess I will also start dating now slowly. When I though I was bald soon, I felt like an imposter.
Still sometimes bad hair days followed by huge depression. :rolleyes:

Posted this before, but 90% of patients maintain on finasteride. Adding Ru, dermastamping minoxidil and maybe even dutasteride I guess I am safe even with shitty genes at this point.

Attachments

• j.1529-8019.2011.01441.x.pdf
    508 KB · Views: 139

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Currently really debating minoxidil with myself. I don't want even more shedding because I want to know what's going on.

But I read more and more about minoxidil also influencing hormonal and enzymatic pathways and therefore helping to maintain way more that previously thought.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Currently really debating minoxidil with myself. I don't want even more shedding because I want to know what's going on.

But I read more and more about minoxidil also influencing hormonal and enzymatic pathways and therefore helping to maintain way more that previously thought.

wtf i thought min didnt f*** with your hormones?

i was just about to restart it

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It does slighly, but only in the skin I think.

It promotes 17b hsd, which turns androstenediol into testosterone and estrogen. And it also slightly promotes 5ar.
Therefore you should always take an androgen blocker like Ru with minoxidil.

Actually promoting 17b hsd is a good thing for hair and libido. :)

Devop911

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ich bin jetzt denke ich in der 3.Woche finasteride und ein meiner Hose regt sich nichts mehr....
Shedding sollte ja unter minoxidil normal sein. Die Haare die du mit minoxidil verlierst kommen ja bekanntlich dann wieder.
Ich kann mir vorstellen, dass es ein scheiß Gefühl ist beim Haarausfall mit einem Mittel zu kämpfen, bei dem dann erst einmal die Haare ausfallen.

Hast du schon über eine hair transplant nachgedacht?

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im thinning all over so no transplant. Also in normal sunlight my hair is ok. If I can keep what I have - perfect.
The status doesn't seem to change for now, despite the shedding.

Even though super afraid in the beginning, I actually don't have any sides.
If you get serious sides from finasteride you should drop it and replace it with ru.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im thinning all over so no transplant. Also in normal sunlight my hair is ok. If I can keep what I have - perfect.
The status doesn't seem to change for now, despite the shedding.

Even though super afraid in the beginning, I actually don't have any sides.
If you get serious sides from finasteride you should drop it and replace it with ru.

im diffuse thinner as well but this guy has had pretty successful transplants as a diffuse thinner I dont understand who said that diffuse thinners cant do transplants.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

im diffuse thinner as well but this guy has had pretty successful transplants as a diffuse thinner I dont understand who said that diffuse thinners cant do transplants.
But how can you do transplants when you're still actively balding? The shock loss is nightmarish. That guy was NW5/6 essentially bald before transplants, nothing to lose. But then again it doesn't make sense to wait until you're bald enough either: you still keep suffering from this daily pain. Sigh.