Grass's Story (updated pics with flash) 5/9/08

grass

Reaction score
I just started posting here and I want to thank everybody for providing so much good info..

I started hair loss around 18 and I'm 23 now. My hair was very thin and light to begin with and got worse within a few years. I should also mention that up untill a few months ago I was smoking like a pack of cigs and drinking 3 cups of coffee everyday. And to top it off, I was pretty stressed out through out college.
About a year ago I got really sick (could not walk and had a serious infection through out my body). I was in bed for over three months. I lost alot of hair and since I was on heavy doses of Prednisone, a synthetic corticosteroid and pain killers. I lost even more hair. I finally got bettter but most of the hair did not grow back.
As far as hair treatments, I was on rogain for a few years and I saw some good growth but it seriously fucked up my scalp. It got so bad that even with anti-dandruff products (I tried many), my scalp was being destroyed. I posted recently about tying the new rogain foam (which surprisingly did not irritate my scalp). I had bad sides from the rogain so I stopped. I know my body is very sensitive to any drugs, so I'm not surprised.
Anyway I started a new regimen, which you can see, but I dont expect much more then a healthier scalp and maybe some regrowth. I am taking weekly pictures to document my regimen and I would appreciate any feedback. :)
sorry about bad pictures, and bad light...
3yq2jva.jpg

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
Get on finasteride but most likely you should try dutasteride for 1 year to keep the hair you have and grow some back.

dutasteride you don't have to take everyday for it's full effect. So take the measures you want ASAP of come to terms with the buzz cut.

I think you have a good shot on drugs to move back in time a few years but not with Emu Oil. Sorry.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your regimen could use improving, especially since oyu are going the natural route. Apple poly for starters, and maybe you're lucky enough to make EQUOL, so I'd consume soy products.

Grape seed extract, curcumin, Biosil, stinging nettle are just a few other things to consider.

grass

Reaction score
hey guys.. i'm looking into getting some Apple poly, curcumin, and maybe biotin. Been eating tons and tons of fermented soy products like tofu and soymilk, and almost stopped drinking coffee (I drink like 3 cups of green tea a day now). anyway, heres week three. My scalp feels much healthier then in the past few months..

week3.jpg

brentx

Established Member
Reaction score
Good luck with it all.. Looks like you look pretty rad with a shaved head! You look like you would be slaying the ladies with that doo! Haha, good luck!

grass

Reaction score
thanks man. I actually always preferred a shaved head and all my girlfiends always told me I look better with very short hair :) I actually dont mind it that much at all. If I can keep most of my hair, I'm happy... if not i'll just shave it off like I've been doing for years.

Jm0311

Reaction score
hey lorenzo....how is dutasteride? since u only have to take it like once a week or two weeks...im looking to take a low dose of something

grass

Reaction score
heres a pic with totally shaved head... gota watch your head when the sun is out :lol:

1132837173_l.jpg

Dhys

Reaction score
grass said:
heres a pic with totally shaved head... gota watch your head when the sun is out :lol:

1132837173_l.jpg

Quit the treatments, buy a headblade.

You look awesome with a shaved head and i'd gladly give my hair up to look that good. :hairy:

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
I think dutasteride is once every five days for a maximum benefit comparable to 5mg of finasteride a day. But finasteride is probably preferable if you are just going to maintain and not attempt to make a comeback like Grass needs to.

grass

Reaction score
started back on rogain two weeks ago.. just curious to see what happens.
so far just supplements, folligen, and emu oil. Now I'm combining all of them.

hairapril6th.jpg

blondeguy

Established Member
Reaction score
Dhys said:
grass said:

1132837173_l.jpg

Quit the treatments, buy a headblade.

You look awesome with a shaved head and i'd gladly give my hair up to look that good. :hairy:

That's a regimen I can agree with. :)

grass

Reaction score
the guy next to me is actually a badass..

pro boxer at 18... put two young guys that jumped him in the hospital at age 70..

RaginDemon

Reaction score
you look good with shaved head and gl on the treatments

grass

Reaction score
grass's story (updated pics with flash)started duts in sep 0

well, its been a long time since I posted anything, but heres a 7 months update since I posted my interest in trying dutasteride. Sorry for the big time gap in the photos but for a while I just didn't really want to think about my hair and more recently began to see improvement.

My current regime is duts every other day and foam twice a day. I stopped everything else (emu oil, copper peptides, etc) except multi-vitamin. I'm pretty happy with the results and I've been growing my hair out for the first time in many many years.
Thanks for all the info.

hair-1.jpg

Reaction score
wow thats pretty cool.... doesnt look like much happened up until the last few months, but its definitely looking better now.... If it improves a bit more, it will look like you never started losing ur hair...
Good luck