great hair after drinking binge

captain_que

Established Member
Reaction score
Most times after a true drinking binge, both my hair and skin (which is usually troubled with acne) looks better than ever... does anybody know what could be the reason for this`?
I´d get drunk every day if it wasnt for the obvious disadvantages :woot:

elvis123

Established Member
Reaction score
I notice this alot too....

especially if I had a huge pimple the night before drinking the day after it feels all good....

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
captain_que said:
Most times after a true drinking binge, both my hair and skin (which is usually troubled with acne) looks better than ever... does anybody know what could be the reason for this`?

Beer goggles? Self esteem and confidence boost from alcohol? Coincidence? Who knows..

captain_que

Established Member
Reaction score
haunted-ballroom said:
[quote="captain_que":2j1qww0u]Most times after a true drinking binge, both my hair and skin (which is usually troubled with acne) looks better than ever... does anybody know what could be the reason for this`?

Beer goggles? Self esteem and confidence boost from alcohol? Coincidence? Who knows..[/quote:2j1qww0u]

Beer goggles? no it´s the day AFTER drinking I´m talking about. Confidence boost? I don´t know about you but I feel like sh*t the next day. Coincidence? This is more the rule than the exception for me..

Can it be that alcohol dries you out, hence less greasy skin/hair?

JLL

Established Member
Reaction score
For skin, maybe the silica in beer would have something to do with it, although I doubt you'd see results so fast. Besides, dehydration from alcohol would probably mask any such effects.

How on earth do you think a drinking binge could affect your existing hair, though? How long do your binges last -- six months?

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
Drinking can lower your testosterone for a period, which could be good for skin/hair.

Todd

Established Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but isn´t beer a great source for vitamin B?
Vit B is supposedly good for hair, nails and skin...

Keep drinking :bravo:

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Vasodilation.

ali777

Reaction score
I have the opposite problem. Alcohol just kills my skin.

All that toxicity in the alcohol gives me acne, oily skin, etc.

Andyman79

Reaction score
elvis123 said:
decro435 said:
Vasodilation.

I agree

Not a bad shout! Although I don't think I could handle the :puke: from all the alcohol and my skin is not the type that reacts well to a few too many nights on the source :sobbing:

Man you could just be one of the lucky ones!