Great Hair Day Followed By Terrible

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone else has a day where they think it looks like they aren't remotely losing hair and then the next day, it's glaringly obvious?

I go back and forth. One day, I'll think the hair looks great and then the next, I feel like everyone is noticing my receding temples.

Thoughts?

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Been there...a couple times this week alone

outgrowth

Established Member
Reaction score
actually, i never have a 'good day' with my hair.. just waiting for time to go FAST so i can see my results! :roll:

Headache

Reaction score
Funny you mention it...

Going into work on Monday, I felt so good about the way my hair looked that I didn't even put on Toppik (I normally sprinkle on a bit for coverage).

But today... I wore a hat all day because my hair looked so crappy and thinned out in the morning!

I swear, losing hair sucks, but I think a lot of it is mental. :hairy:

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Funny you mention it...

Headache said:
I swear, losing hair sucks, but I think a lot of it is mental. :hairy:

Agreed man. Everyone I ask swears that I'm not losing my hair but I can see the subtle difference. It's good knowing that as bad as I think it looks, most people don't notice. Mental stuff sucks though. I freak myself out sometimes.

G

oooohhhhh yes!

me too!

one day...."sh*t this bastard in the mirror looks good"

two days later..."why have you forsaken me oh Lord, oh why!!!!"

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DarklyCharming said:
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone else has a day where they think it looks like they aren't remotely losing hair and then the next day, it's glaringly obvious?

I go back and forth. One day, I'll think the hair looks great and then the next, I feel like everyone is noticing my receding temples.

Thoughts?

I used to, then i realised it was all mental perception.

G

gonna_win said:
I used to, then i realised it was all mental perception.

did you also realise that your realisation was mental perception too?

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well, one day u might see yourself in a good way and be like man, my hair is doing alright...i was just thinking about it too much. so then u spend some time thinking that things are going well, ur sense of reality is above what it really is, so next time u see ur hair with it's much worse than u were thinking ...ah crap, my hair looks brutal. So then u get depressed and have a lower sense of reality about your hair...i' hardly have any hair...then u look in the mirror some time later and it's better than u were thinking... so there's another big jump....holy, it's not really as bad as i thought. maybe things are going well. and so on....and so on....and so on.

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
word... it is all mental.

my hair looks better some days worse some days... ALL MENTAL.

yea this mental stuff blows.

So long Hair

Reaction score
The thing that REALLY annoys the sh*t out of me is that when my hair looks great, no-one ever gets to see it. I'm never going anywhere when it looks good. I'm just sitting in my house on a boring tuesday evening watching the simpsons. Then when friday/saturday comes along, I can't get it to sit right at all. Very annoying.

vishal

Reaction score
Whenever I have these cycles of losing hair I never view myself in full blown light in the mirror. I view myself in a very dim light which gives and illusion of absolute full head. The hair are going to go but at least one does not freak out that way. I never care to look again in the mirror till evening. Rest of the day other people watch you not you yourself. Both parties are happy...!!

I know this sound like burying your head in sand like an ostrich but works for me...!

G

So long said:
I'm never going anywhere when it looks good. I'm just sitting in my house on a boring tuesday evening watching the simpsons.

You've got TV !!!! :freaked:

G

It's very strange how this is affecting all of us. We are all having the same feelings about our hair.

Maybe it's the finasteride bending our minds. Maybe finasteride does f*** all for our hair, maybe it just alters the chemicals in our brain making us feel our hair is better than it is.

f*** me, just looked in the mirror and It looks like I have just grown a ton of hair.

rescue hair

Reaction score
Me too, but more like a good/bad hair week. One week, my hair was looking as bad as it ever had, then for the next few days I wanted to f*** my hair it looked so good, then the next week it was somewhere in between.

G

So long said:
tynanW said:
[quote="So long, Hair":8742b]I'm never going anywhere when it looks good. I'm just sitting in my house on a boring tuesday evening watching the simpsons.

You've got TV !!!! :freaked:

Yep. It's a Sony too.[/quote:8742b]

So you have TV and still you are complaing about hairloss ?? what is it with some people.

Over here in the UK all the local people leave their farms/workhouses on a sunday night and gather at the local Inn to watch the moths circle the radio as we listen to the BBC world service on a 1932 'Roberts Empire'

markymark123

Established Member
Reaction score
I had two good days ( I was very thankful for thanksgiving to be a good day) followed by a bad today, which is a day I used 2% Nizoral. Even after conditioner, my hair still feels flat and dry because of Nizoral.