Great Hair Loss article

mothernature

Established Member
Reaction score
Check it out, can anyone be skeptical about some of the recommendations made by this guy?

http://www.immortalhair.org/

CLICK ON "Theory In practise" to see article

He saays controlling DHT is just 1/3rd of the solution, you have to change your diet and also supress other hormones like cortisol and he gives his regimen on the last page.. would anyone recommend me buying some of the medications he is currently on? Will it affect my hairloss (im currently taking finasteride)?

Discuss..

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Can you re-post the link? It was truncated in the middle.

But yeah, based on your description, DHT is not the whole story. However, eliminating DHT is still extremely effective for most guys. Eliminating anything else in your system is just riskier. Unless you are very unhappy with finasteride, it's probably not wort looking into this stuff.

mothernature

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.immortalhair.org/

CLICK ON "Theory In practise" to see article(it keeps cutting half of the link when i try to post whole link)

what the?? It keeps cutting the link in the middle. I can't copy paste the article as its HUGE. But here is a section of it, concerning what youu need to do to prevent hair loss

How to get Started
Hair loss is not just rooted in DHT. DHT stimulates TGF-B1, which stimulates collagen enzymes, which further stimulate apoptosis. Cytokines such as Tumor Necrosis Factor alpha, ROS (Reactive Oxygen Species), Superoxide, Prostaglandin imbalances and stress hormones, prolactin, HTPA and other factors play an important role as well. Moreover, diet plays a strong role in how much additional DHT and the above mentioned factors will be allowed wreak havoc on your hair. Much of this is due to the inflammatory nature of adulterated and/or processed foods.

If you doubt the veracity of my statement concerning diet, try eating packaged, convenience foods day after day, especially those loaded with hydrogenated oils, sugar, fructose, corn syrup, enriched, bleached flour-based ingredients. What you may find is that in as little as days, a strong prevalence of newly formed acne can result, and some notice of disturbance of the skin on the scalp.

Refined starches and sugars, processed oils, margarines, trans-fatty acids throw a wrench into healthy prostaglandins, enzymes related to skin and hair, liver health, hormonal balance, and various metabolic functions critical to health. Also, due to commonly over prescribed anti-biotics (Greek for anti-life), yeast overgrowths produce acetylides and other toxic substances, which result in Candida overgrowth. An imbalance in intestinal microflora gives rise to hormone imbalances. Please visit the physiology page for more information on Candida overgrowth, since this factor alone can prevent any benefit from the regimen from working.

A protein upregulated in balding scalps called DKK-1 is also triggered by DHT. Some research suggests that DKK-1 levels can be buffered by lowering Lp(a) levels. The most effective way to do this is to insure that thyroid hormone is balanced. I hypothesize that male pattern baldness is actually a result of thyroid hormone imbalance. Both insufficient and excess levels of thyroid hormones T3 and/or T4 can result in hair loss. For example, T3 (triiodothyronine) prolongs the anagen phase possibily due to the downregulation of TGF-beta2.

While thyroid problems are largely undiagnosed, even if they are a large proportion of these patients only receive synthetic T4, which can cause hair loss. However patients do much better when taking natural T4 and T3 (Triiodothyronine). It is estimated that as many as 70% of the world (perhaps more) have less than optimal levels of iodine. Note that iodine is required for proper conversion of T3 from T4. Complicating matters, since most patients only receive synthetic T4, this can inhibit iodine levels further. If you're willing to experiment, I would suggest taking 50 milligrams of lugol's solution daily. The easiest way to acheive this is by adding 8 drops of 5% Lugol's solution to your daily water intake.

Nutrients such as Vitamin C, Magnesium Selenium and natural sources of B-vitamins are important for optimizing thyroid health.

To manage most factors critical to staving off hair loss, covering the following areas are most important:

* Reducing insulin producing foods or the impact of such foods on glucose and insulin.
* Controlling over expressed DHT
* Removing heavy metals
* Correcting metabolic conundrums
* Reducing oxidative stress
* Improving glucose metabolism
* Optimizing thyroid function
* Normalizing estrogen metabolism
* Balancing prostaglandins
* Curtailing inflammation
* Balancing intestinal microflora

Taking Curcumin to reduce TGF-B1 and Ecklonia Cava to combat MMP-9 (Matrix Metalloproteinase), also referred to as Gelatinase B) stimulation is very important. Both Curcumin & Ecklonia Cava do so much more and will radically reduce inflammation. Stabilized R-Lipoic Acid (with Biotin will increase the body's antioxidant defense system and improve glucose and insulin regulation).

Balancing out prostaglandins is just as crucial as reducing oxidative stress. Krill oil is a very convenient way to supplement the diet to achieve optimal essential fatty acids to improve prostaglandin balance.

Other sources of essential fatty acids include Krill, Fermented cod liver oil, Borage Oil, Pumpkin Seed Oil and Black Currant Oil. Note: The only cod liver oil worth purchasing as of this writing is Blue Ice Fermented Cod Liver Oil. The reason is due to "modern" distillation methods which have removed the natural balance of Vitamins once contained in it.

Managing stress can be difficult, and what follows stress can be neurogenic inflammation. This maybe the most rapid way to lose one's hair. Adding resveratrol along with curcumin can help combat this type of inflammation.

Acetyl L-Carnitine is very helpful in reducing stress and the associated rise in cortisol. Keeping a lid on this hormone will help preserve hair, as cortisol levels are increased due to stress, hair follicle levels of CRH (Corticotropin releasing hormone) which is a hypothalamic hormone that is responsible for secretion of Adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) can spell disaster if it's not controlled. A very useful aid in controlling cortisol is Ashwagandha as Sensoril, a patented form that helps balance out copper levels as well; a potentially critical contributor to hair regrowth.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The ImmortalHair regime is useless for male pattern baldness, I used his supps for nearly a year like an idiot and just lost more hair.

mothernature

Established Member
Reaction score
Nashville Hairline said:
The IH regime is useless for male pattern baldness, I used his supps for nearly a year like an idiot and just lost more hair.

but alot of people on his forum and himself have swore that it has worked. And from a scientific perspective it makes alot of sense.

DM5sadouche

Reaction score
mothernature said:
Nashville Hairline said:
The IH regime is useless for male pattern baldness, I used his supps for nearly a year like an idiot and just lost more hair.

but alot of people on his forum and himself have swore that it has worked. And from a scientific perspective it makes alot of sense.

Except none of them have posted pictures that has shown any regrowth through "natural" supplements. It's really a cult over there blindly following a leader who is going to end up damaging someones kidneys or liver by the massive amount of pills he recommends. And then he's going to be sued and he probably won't be around on the internet much after that. Again, Caveat Emptor.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more with the above post.

See my sig for more details! Internet testimonials should always be taken with a pinch of salt, one man's "So I'm practically bald now" is another man's pretty full head of hair :whistle:

If you are serious about keeping your hair look at products that have decent (i.e. done on humans and double blind, placebo controlled) studies to back them up or at the very least have people that have decent photographic evidence showing maintenance or regrowth.

I joined that IH forum about two years ago now and he was recommending a supplement called Peureria Merifica and how he was sure posters would get great success with..he seems to have stopped recommending that now. Hmm. Also, his regime has evolved so much over that time. I dunno, what he takes either works or it doesn't?? Basically he's as much p*ssing in the wind on hairloss as the rest of us.

the Last Fight

Established Member
Reaction score
Funny I was just reading a product review for a cookie that supposedly increases breast size, and the main ingredient is Peureria Merifica

Jacob

Reaction score
mothernature said:
hey what the?? WHy are links blocked to that site? Is it fraudulent? :shakehead: :thumbdown2:

Is plagiarizing fraudulent? Oh nevermind :whistle: