green tea capsules and propecia

muaythai187

Established Member
Reaction score
Anybody know if this a good idea taking green tea supplements while on 1mg on finasteride, I read that green tea increases dht . Is that true? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

G

muaythai187 said:
Anybody know if this a good idea taking green tea supplements while on 1mg on finasteride, I read that green tea increases dht . Is that true? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well green tea extract is a part of Immortalhairs natural regimen so I doubt it would increase your hairloss.

muaythai187

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response Buddy, Is that you in the picture? Your hair looks good buzzed and you can't even tell that you have hairloss. I wish i can get a away with a buzz but Unfortunately I don't have a great shape head like you.

G

muaythai187 said:
Thanks for the response Buddy, Is that you in the picture? Your hair looks good buzzed and you can't even tell that you have hairloss. I wish i can get a away with a buzz but Unfortunately I don't have a great shape head like you.

Yeah it is me. A great head shape? I don't know man... but thanks for the kind words. Anyway, I just ordered me some supplements from Immortalhairs natural regimen and one of them is green tea extract, so it better not cause hairloss! :lol:

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In a study with rodents it increased dht; can't remember the source sorry. However when the green tea was combined with soya it decreased dht.

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
:shock:

so does that mean taking green tea together with propecia may have a cancellation effect? as green tea raise the dht level while propecia is reducing it.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I remember the source now - its wikipedia. Just search green tea. In answer to your question I would recommend taking Propecia with water; that study got me quite annoyed because I thought green tea was supposed to be beneficial. One thing is for sure propecia is way stronger than green tea so the tea will got negate the effects of finasteride - I'm quite sure fo that.

docj077

Reaction score
person said:
I remember the source now - its wikipedia. Just search green tea. In answer to your question I would recommend taking Propecia with water; that study got me quite annoyed because I thought green tea was supposed to be beneficial. One thing is for sure propecia is way stronger than green tea so the tea will got negate the effects of finasteride - I'm quite sure fo that.

http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/133/2/516

Figure 2.