Green Tea extract and Grape seed extract!

shyguy

Reaction score
I am currently taking 12 caps of green tea extract and 6 caps of GSE a day (2 capsules of green tea extract and 1 capsule of GSE at every meal, 6 small meals a day)

hopefully this will reduce my fairly high estradiol level, inhibit some DHT if thats whats going on with me, raise my SHGB to help bind free testoserone so that DHT conversion is minimized

I dont know if this would be considered megadosing green tea, but I am trying to stay away from dutasteride/Propecia/finasteride..... I used saw palmetto for a mont and a half in the past and I got ED from it which took a long time to recover, just imagine how messed up my penis would get if I used something stronger! not to mention that I think I suffered minor/minor/minor gyno from using Evening Primose Oil for a 2 1/2 month period in which I used 6 caps a day.......

So

Established Member
Reaction score
what are the contents in Miligrams or Grams for your GTE & GSE?

I am taking both GTE and GSE but probably not anywhere near as much

docj077

Reaction score
Holy crap!

Isn't that expensive to take so many herb capsules every day?

buzzmenot

Established Member
Reaction score
shyguy, there was some mention greentea raises DHT levels. im no expert, maybe someone can shed light on this?

CCS

Reaction score
I'm no expert either, but I heard if you take GTE with soy, it reduces DHT levels.

Wow, saw palmetto does do something. I'm not sure how it does it, but it does something. Could it be the beta sis? Has anyone taken beta sis tablets and got similar effects?

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yeah I took saw palmetto 2 caps a day and it definitely gave me ED also. There was no placebo effect when it works the way it does consistently for 20 years then changes and stays that way for months. I tried it a second time same thing happened, but saw palmetto really did make my crown a lot less itchy, it really did help with hair loss although just slowed it down a very little.

G

So you say you're taking 12 GTE caps a day and 6 GSE caps a day.

You say that each one is $15 for 100 caps at GNC.

So you're spending $1.80 per day on GTE capsules, and $.90 per day on GSE capsules. So $2.70 per day on those two things. 365 days in a year times $2.70 per day equals $986 per year on just those two things.

Here's what you could buy for $986 per year instead:

Fincar from UnitedPharmacies: $80 per year
minoxidil from Wal-Mart: $80 per year
Nizoral: $40 per year
Tricomin/Folligen alternated- $200 per year
Nano shampoo: $130 a year
Prox-N: $330

And you'd still have $126 left over for your GTE/GSE capsules.

Jacob

Reaction score
Maybe you'd need to take fewer pills if you switched to gte phytosomes? I don't know how it would compare..price-wise as well.

the_swami

Established Member
Reaction score
shyguy,

you might want to try both GSE and GTE as topicals, as well as the internals you take. skinactives.com and bulkactives.com (the knock-off site of skinactives) have good prices on these, and there are probably other sites too. I'm currently using an Aloe based spray with GSE (just got my GTE today and will add that too). I don't use a preservative in the aloe but keep it in the fridge in a spray bottle. I spray some on each day (usually 1x day), then blow-dry and style. The aloe juice isn't sticky or anything and actually seems to act as a 'hair conditioner' for me. It's too early to tell of results though. FYI, I haven't been very calculating in my proportions until now. I plan to use a 3-5% actives to base ratio, but that may be on the high side by a percentage point or two.

shyguy

Reaction score
Im still usin 12 caps of Green tea extract and 6 caps of grape seed extract day.... its just easier and more conveinant popping pills..... Im also using rogaine foam coupled with spectral dnc all over my head...

messmorph

Established Member
Reaction score
shyguy said:
Evening Primose Oil for a 2 1/2 month period in which I used 6 caps a day.......

Mate please fill me in with some more info about Evening Primose Oil. How did it cause gyno? Common effect etc?

shyguy

Reaction score
Evening Primose Oil is a phytoestrogen, I guess when taken and if your body is sensitive to estrogens it can give effects of gyno, any phytoestrogen can do this.... I didnt get full blown gyno but I did start to get the puffy nipples and swollen pecs which told me that gyno is in the stages of starting so I got off of EPO....

Dalek

Established Member
Reaction score
Or you could buy the very cheap green tea herbal teas and eat the contents of those either in caupsule or drink the tea. They are the same stuff.