Green tea Extract? For real?

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
I read on the hairlossinfo on my space that green tea was one of the cheapest anti androgens, and that you should mix the contents of two capsules with your minoxidil. Can any one confirm any results with Green tea extract? Also, I dunno if I wanna mix it with my minoxidil, instead would it be just as effective to mix it with a shampoo like revita?

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been drinkin this stuff like crazy even before I knew it had any anti androgen effects. They have these gallon jugs of Arizona Green Tea I pick up at Walmart for less than $3. I was just wondering if It would be more potent taking them in a capsule form, or if using it as a topical would work. Or whether it really does work as an anti androgen at all.

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
would you say the anti-androgen effects potent enough that it would actually be worth putting time into popping capsules drinking green tea and using it as a topical?

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
If it were me....I would just take the capsules....I personally hate topicals. Keep in mind there are no clinical trials on Green Tea being effective at all, this is all just speculation.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
If it were me....I would just take the capsules....I personally hate topicals. Keep in mind there are no clinical trials on Green Tea being effective at all, this is all just speculation.

Yeah - I forget the exact ratio - but it's somthing like 2 capsules of green tea extract w/ ECGC equals drinking 10 cups of tea (again - forget the exact ratio).

Personally, I do both. 4 caps per day, 2 - 4 cups of tea - and in the summer make the move to iced green tea.

As far as topicals go - I went through a year's worth of "Back to Basics Green Tea" shampoo. It was a nice shampoo and inexpensive - but I'm pretty sure it didn't do anthing to prevent hairloss or promote new growth (in my instance).

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
However, it's found that caffeine is slightly anti-androgenic. It might just be the caffeine in green tea that's taking all the credit.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
Typically one cup of bagged green tea = about 1/4 cup of coffee in terms of caffeine.
hmm i heard coffee has 100mg per cup and green tea is near 80