Greetings!

Belu

Reaction score
Greetings to everyone at HairLossTalk.com!

I'm turning 21 this year. Up until a few weeks ago I always kept a short hairstyle. I've been growing it out since Nov 2012. As my hair got longer it became easier to notice that the hair at the side of my forehead is thinning.

I'm sure my hairline will recede eventually, because both my brother (27 y/o) and father have receded hairlines. My father is about a Norwood 4A/5 while my brother is a Norwood 3A.

Attached are some photos I took today after showering. I only started to research male pattern baldness about two weeks ago so there are many things I don't know about yet. I hope some experienced members could help me with the following questions:

1) Am I overreacting or is my hairline already receding? I can see that the hair at the sides of my forehead is thinner and sparser. But I don't have anything to compare to because I never noticed how dense or thick the hairs in that region were back when my hair was shorter.

2) I'm planning to start on Regenepure DR shampoo + rogaine foam. If I use these products should I apply them only on the hairline or the entire scalp?

3) I understand rogaine will cause shedding before regrowth. Are the intermediate and vellus hairs the only ones which will shed or will the treatment affect normal-size, terminal hairs too? I don't think my thinning is obvious now but I'm concerned that I will end up with a massive V-shaped hairline (accentuated by my widow's peak) when I begin treatment.

Cheers and thanks in advance.

P.S. I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong section. Please move it to an appropriate section if that is the case.

Attachments

• CIMG0424.jpg
    CIMG0424.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 167
  • CIMG0427.jpg
    CIMG0427.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 169
  • CIMG0432.jpg
    CIMG0432.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 165

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
1) sorry to say this..but yes your hair is thinning out....
2) I think you should use the shampoo all over your scalp?...I use rogaine only on the areas where hair is thinning..
3) many people experience shedding when using mixoxidil...hairs falling are all different sizes..short to long to thick .....but I've heard/read that some lucky ones did not shed hair..so it really depends on the individual....Good luck, mate!

Belu

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Guess I should start the damage control now then. Hope I will have pics of improvement in a couple of months.