greg's story

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
i started losing my hair when i was 18 years old. the only thing available then was 2% rogaine which did nothing for me. i spent many hard earned dollars on useless products many of which that were banned by the fda since. i tried a rug later. what a joke! my own family laughed at me! then around 1995 i had my first transplant. then between 1996 to 2003 i had 4 more done. here's some pics of me: here is me in 1993 in the back row second from the left. notice the sun shining off my cueball head! ugly!
family1993.jpg
now here is me in 2004 after all the transplants were completed & grew to styling length:
PB180072.jpg
here is me with darrah from survivor (2004):
reality4diabetes04_026.jpg
here is me with sarah from survivor (2004):
f2f21892.jpg
here is me with tiujana from survivor (2004):
reality4diabetes04_037.jpg
hair transplantation works! it's just expensive. if it makes you fell better about yourself, then go for it! i wish i can get more surgery to add to the density. i'm playing the lottery every day!

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
phantom2x said:
i have'nt see any difference. but a little bit.
hmmm, compare the 1st picture with me & my family & compare them to the ones below. i was a class 6 with no hair on top in 1993 & now i have coverage there now. not the thickest, but coverage. the pics are not the best. you can see the difference in person the best i guess. i'll never have hair like elvis again, but this beats being bald slick i guess...

WithTheLidOff

Established Member
Reaction score
wow...big difference. No, you don;t look like you have a full head of hair but what can you expect? I noticed a MASSIVE difference and it doesnt look pluggy or anything and youre right..pictures can make it look worse. Bottm line is that you look younger and in a few years when everyone else gets caught up you'll probably not think about it at all. Congrats!

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
Nice work! 5 eh? Do you have any doner area left?

Also what post op topicals did he give you for healing?
thanks! i have a ton of donor hair left. you can remove quite a bit of hair from the back of your head with no cosmetic effect. my donor hair & side hair is very thick like the top used to be & that's the key. your scalp just stretches & heals every time with no problem. after surgery, i was given some kind of red solution they called surgical scrub & had to lightly scrub the area with that prior to shampooing for a week twice a day. they gave me nexus therrapie shampoo to use that week. it was some good shampoo that smelled like coconut! i had to take some anti swelling pills, & some anti-biotics the first week. i also was given a prescription for pain that i NEVER used after 5 procedures. the procedures always went smooth with no pain & healed up fast. i got the major itch lately to do more work & when i get some more loot, i will. i love the fact that the results are permanent & will last a lifetime. what can you buy that lasts a lifetime? it's worth every penny if you ask me...

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
WithTheLidOff said:
wow...big difference. No, you don;t look like you have a full head of hair but what can you expect? I noticed a MASSIVE difference and it doesnt look pluggy or anything and youre right..pictures can make it look worse. Bottm line is that you look younger and in a few years when everyone else gets caught up you'll probably not think about it at all. Congrats!
ya, no plug look. actually when i did the surgery, they were using the larger micro/mini grafts in the mid-late 90's. now they use mostly smaller single/double hair grafts, but it still looks natural. they are moving the same amount of hair each time, just now they cut up the donor strip in smaller pcs & in the end, it costs more. i would prefer the larger grafts for cost savings. each procedure costed me $3.000. ya, not a full head of hair, but i was a class 6, which is regarded as the last class that can be helped, & i still look good. actually if you style the hair properly, it can lood really full. i hope they come out with cloning in the near future & i will then have a full head of hair! not to likely, but i will still keep my fingers crossed. for now, it's just conventional hair transplants. when i pick up a picture of me from the late 80's & early 90's, i can't believe how bald i was & i'm soo glad i went through with this!

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
barcafan said:
duuuuuuuuude where'd all that hiar come from hahaha. nice
got about 20 grand?? it's amazing what ya can do with that amount of cash. i was pm'ed by a member here asking me to show what kind of transplant results i got & didn't mean to bump up an old thread. i hope these pics help.....

RaginDemon

Reaction score
damn thats a great result from hair transplant's

can you show us a pic of the top?

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
damn thats a great result from hair transplant's

can you show us a pic of the top?
i don't have any top shots. this pic is the closest with my head tilted forward. the hair you see looks the same on top all the way accross to the back:

Gregage162244235.jpg

RaginDemon

Reaction score
thanks for the pic, thats very good result.

you look younger after the hair transplant!

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice, looks good bro. Does your Dr. tell you to take Propecia and minoxidil to keep it?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I think propecia is recomanded.

G

good results. how many grafts? what doctors if you don't mind sharing?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a hair transplant to fill my temples, I know without hair transplant, there is no way I will fill them up.

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
you don't need to take anything to keep the hair transplants, they are permanent until you die...

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
good results. how many grafts? what doctors if you don't mind sharing?
i got about 1000 grafts total in the late 90's. these were the slightly larger grafts. nowadays they are using tiny grafts. my doctor was E.R. Norris. he was in the Cleveland OH area. i spent close to $20.000 for the work, but i was a class 6 which is one of lte last conditions that can be helped. the bottom line is the more loss you have the more it will cost for the work...