Growband Scalp Massage Device? Snake Oil Or Promising?

malebiped

Reaction score
It's apparently another device intended to improve blood flow to the scalp, a new one. The youtube marketing vid is from August 2019. The video presentation seems fairly well researched.

Seem worth trying? Being a hypochondriac about introducing extraneous substances into my system, I seem to gravitate toward mechanical/manual cures/treatments first and foremost.

zeerax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
IDK but there's a lot of people currently seeing results with scalp massages only and some being able to maintain for years with massages only

irao33

My Regimen
Reaction score
A counterargument would be that the increased blood circulation also delivers more DHT to the follicles, thus potentially increasing hair loss?

Hangin'on Hair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A counterargument would be that the increased blood circulation also delivers more DHT to the follicles, thus potentially increasing hair loss?

Yeah, but isn't the mechanism of rogaine increased blood flow also?

Hangin'on Hair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I like the idea of this band and the demo video showed lots of scalp movement. If it were a $150 cheaper, I would probably spring for one.

irao33

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you guys think placing the Growband for ~20mins right after a topical application (like topical finasteride. or CB-03-01) will aid in absorption? Is the absorption entirely vehicle / scalp porosity dependent, or could increased blood / circulation from the Growband or scalp massages help? I'm finding that the liposomal finasteride. gel is a bit sticky, so trying to think of ways to not leave it on the skin.

Ilia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I like the idea of this band and the demo video showed lots of scalp movement. If it were a $150 cheaper, I would probably spring for one.
Do you guys think placing the Growband for ~20mins right after a topical application (like topical finasteride. or CB-03-01) will aid in absorption? Is the absorption entirely vehicle / scalp porosity dependent, or could increased blood / circulation from the Growband or scalp massages help? I'm finding that the liposomal finasteride. gel is a bit sticky, so trying to think of ways to not leave it on the skin.
I used growband, you can read in their Facebook about my(krassiivanov) and other experiences, no effect after 6 month, 3-4 people returned device back for money refund, I did it also! hair guard hair lotion I think is better, I use it for 4-5 month already but no effect still. Finasteride/dutasteride is more efficient but with side effects becoming a more like girl.....