GrowHairLikeStalin's Story

Reaction score
Hey there fellas,

Glad to be here. I'm hoping I can be of assistance to someone here and I hope I can learn some things too. Maybe if we put our heads together we can figure some stuff out.

I'm 30 and began shedding when I was 26. At first I was in denial, chalked it up to stress or vitamin deficiency/overdose, or something along those lines. Everyone in my family lost hair early and rapidly so my doctor said that's what's happening here.

I got on propecia immediately (about 2 months after hairloss started) and it certainly prevented any hair from being lost on the crown. I still have a lot of shedding, but it comes from my hairline which recedes at a rate of approximately 3mm every year.

I have very thick hair and you cannot notice that I'm losing my hair, so I'm hoping I can find a way to stop the shedding and receding altogether before it's too late. I have very low self esteem issues as it is and i rarely date because I wonder if I find a girl who I really like "will she leave me in a few years when my hair changes too much???" So hairloss has kinda put me in limbo. It's like my life is on hold right now.

I feel kind of like a spoiled brat b/c I realize that so many guys would kill for my head of hair. I'm not complaining about where I'm at now so much as where I could end up in the future.

So hopefully I can get some good information, make some friends who are in the same boat, and pass along any knowledge and experiences of my own to help someone else.....