Grrrr Don't know much and that frustrates me

portia007

Reaction score
Hi all!
Well I'm a fifty year old female hair designer. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1996. Mastectomy, no Chemo or Radiation. Caught MRSA during the first surgery which prevented me from getting Chemo. I'm absolutely on no drugs whatsoever. I've had to have numerous surgeries to reconstruct (23 to be exact). And to top it off I have no hair. Oh a few little stragglers that prevent me from being totally bald & beautiful. I have a dilemma. I'm sitting here on Memorial Day, and can't go to the beach and go swimming. No eyebrows either. I have an eleven year old son who cares that his mother not look like the creature from I Am Legend. I may be complaining, but this is my first time discussing my utter disgust that I don't have the self confidence I use to have.
For year I cut hair and donated to Locks of Love. And now I find Wigs are so expensive! Don't people that are over twenty one have self esteem also. Even when you go the American Cancer Society, they tend to give ugly short, fake hair.
I may just be complaining, but I can't take hormones due to my situation. And in effort to try to forget that I ever had cancer and move on. What do bald people (women) look like when they are bald. Like they are undergoing Chemotherapy. I find myself highly depressed, and I teach to other hair designers as well. Anyway as I sit watching lifetime movies and not going out in the sun. I plea to anyone with a similar situation.