Gsxr1000's Story - (25 / What can I do about my hair?)

gsxr1000

Reaction score
It seems my hair disappeared over night, but looking back at old pictures I can trace the beginning to my senior year of highschool. I'm 25 now and just need a some info. My hair is thick on the sides and back, but now the top has gotten very thin and my hairline has receded quite a bit. Is a transplant really an option? If so what can I expect? I really have no information on this because none of my friends are bald. This forum seemed like a good place to start and any suggestions or information would greatly be sppreciated.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: What can I do about my hair?

First you should get some rogaine, Nizoral shampoo, and a prescription to Prepecia
also post some baseline photographs.

gsxr1000

Reaction score
I heard that rogaine is just for a certain part of the head and would not help solve the whole problem, is that true? Do I go see me normal doctor for a prescription or some one who specializes in hair? Where can I get that shampoo and what does it do? Bare with me a little I am clueless about these things.

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Reaction score
Technically you can get it all online (generic finasteride) and rogain and all that. I'd however recommend seeing a doctor first, ask him any questions. The only way to find out if anything works for you is to try it, give it time, do it consistently is key. Side effects vary from person to person... so to results. Rogain's worked on people in places it's not "proven" to work, and vice versa. Everyone's different.

Now you should know I am in your process right now of beginning a treatment and have not taken much of anything yet. I saw a Doctor about finasteride (atm I decided to wait 6 months until Im off some pills that won't kill me with taking finasteride at the same time but just playing it safe) so I'm looking to take Mino, nizoral and some supps. You'll find many stories and treatment variations and varying results mine this forum it's a great resource!