guesstimate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
If a hair transplant surgeon were to draw the hairline line thing with a marker where would it be?

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 245
Reaction score
closer to nw3 imo

I'm not sure how to classify it since I was born with a weird hairline shape with recessed temples that resembled a Norwood 1.5-2. I don't really want a straight hairline since I never had that.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if you go for a Norwood 2 hairline you are talking at least 1200 grafts IMO. They will have to examine you but it could be more, maybe up to 2k.

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is all down to the surgeon. He/she will recommend x amount of grafts depending on the quality of your donor area. If I'm honest after viewing the picture again I'd say I underestimated the amount as the light makes it hard to see. I recon you will need about 1000 grafts. my surgeon always told me though that calculating in grafts isn't easy as some grafts can contain as much as 8 hairs. And surgeons usually select these grafts for hairlines too.

Reaction score
Is that 1,000 just counting the 2 corners on the top and maybe adding a little density around the hairline it'self? I don't really want to aim for a flat hairline, just something that looks natural. Should I try finasteride and minoxidil first and see if I can grow some in the areas I want to?

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you have an hair transplant @224 you have to be on finasteride to help with slowing down the left-over hair follicles

Try topical finasteride in minoxidil IMO. It is said to help with regrowth and lowers dht at the scalp. Not sure about the sides though

Reaction score
If you have an hair transplant @224 you have to be on finasteride to help with slowing down the left-over hair follicles

Try topical finasteride in minoxidil IMO. It is said to help with regrowth and lowers dht at the scalp. Not sure about the sides though

okay thank you. I was looking through some really old success stories and actually saw someone with the same exact hairtype and recession as me and they got the results I were looking for with non-surgical methods. Think I may try finasteride/dutasteride with some 5% minoxidil habitually for a year first.

shookwun

Reaction score
Hair is very fine calibre, to achieve an aesthetic result between 2000-2500 grafts.

Reaction score
Hair is very fine calibre, to achieve an aesthetic result between 2000-2500 grafts.

Is that for a full hairline like brad pitt or is the 2,000 for just filling it out a little bit so I don't look old? I thought fred only used 2,000 to cover the whole top of his head

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
They say you know your full pattern by late 20's but this is a general rule! So for me (without treatment and transplants) I would end up like Norwood 3 with an eventual hole in my crown. But Fred is right, despite this and the fact I am responding well to finasteride, I am still going to be cautious with any future transplant.

Depends what the surgeon says. If I am blessed with good donor grafts (I may be) and so stable with my regimen as a Norwood 2.5, I'll be more adventurous with the hairline and i'm sure the doctor will agree. Realistically though I would be happy with Norwood 2 hairline which would be around 1200-2k grafts for good density. Just make sure enough grafts are left, a competent doctor will know all this and plan ahead.

If i'm being this cautious in my late 20's as a Norwood 2.5, you should be even more.

shookwun

Reaction score
Is that for a full hairline like brad pitt or is the 2,000 for just filling it out a little bit so I don't look old? I thought fred only used 2,000 to cover the whole top of his head

2000 will cover the bald spots, and reinforce the forelock. Hairline wont be any lower then it already is. Most NW2-3s if you look on HTN forums typically take between 2000-3000 grafts depending on the severity, and weather or not the temple points are reconstructed.

Most hair transplant surgeons wont lower your hairline. The hairline they give most of the time is kept the forelock starts. Not only that but, almost all surgeons give a widows peak type hairline, not so much a straight one.

This 1000-1500 to reconstruct a NW3 is laughable.. it'll look like sparse see-through pubes.

Reaction score
^ OP, just keep in mind that this guy is part of a community (sluthate.com) that worships absolute physical perfection in men.

Anything less than perfect will not be acceptable to these guys. Hence why less-than-perfect hair will seems like "pubes" to him.

I had 2000 grafts to restore a NW5 and my hair doesn't look bad to normal people. To 99% of the population, I have hair, and that's what matters.

your head looked like full coverage to me but i looked at it and saw that people were getting 2000-3000 grafts just to fill out the temple region. Must be some really dense coverage but I think propecia and minoxidil wil give the reults I want actually. For now, anyway.

shookwun

Reaction score
^ OP, just keep in mind that this guy is part of a community (sluthate.com) that worships absolute physical perfection in men.

Anything less than perfect will not be acceptable to these guys. Hence why less-than-perfect hair will seems like "pubes" to him.

I had 2000 grafts to restore a NW5 and my hair doesn't look bad to normal people. To 99% of the population, I have hair, and that's what matters.

How many times do I need to repeat myself, I dont post on that site. YOU know more about that stupid site then I do.

Ur hair looks sparse, and both you, and I know the only option you have is a buzz cut. Great you have hair on your hair head but to bad it'll look like this once you grow it out

front-view-beard-hair-transplant-4500-grafts.jpg

Just go on HTN and see for yourself who ever is concerned about an hair transplant. U will not find NW2-3s on average getting below 2000 grafts.

Reaction score
eh like I said the medicine will do what I want for however ong it works. I actually like my hair with a little bit of thinness because it's always been thick as **** and I hated it, now I just worry about my **** hairline showing. Oh well. Going to close the thread before another fight breaks out :p

Status
Not open for further replies.