Guys I Really Need Your Advice! (please)

iamgotham

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

First of all sorry for my bad English. After 4 amazing years on Finasteride, last November I had a big shed. My hairline is almost the same and only the left temple is looking really bad.

I deal with hair loss since I was 16, but it as been a real sloooow process. Here you can find my complete story and pictures (for pictures of the temples please go to page 2): https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/shedding-after-4-years-on-finasteride.102961/

Now I'm shedding less hairs, but I feel that Finasteride is not working as it worked in the last 4 years... thought about switching to Dutasteride to see if I could have some regrowth on the temples and to turn my hairline a little bit dense, but all the stories that I read about long-term Finasteride users that made the switch are far from ideal. (and the longer hairs that I have simply don't fall, and I guess that must be Finasteride working).

Now I'm 28 and in the last couple of weeks I've been thinking of the possibility of having a hair transplant to fill my temples and to turn my hairline more dense. Is this stupid? Should I wait a couple of years? I just don't want to waste my youth, always thinking about my hair (last months I can't even go out with girls).

So guys, please give me your advice, what should I do?

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should double down on more finsteride to see if that helps. A study was posted that higher doses lessens hair loss, which makes sense. Or a low dose of dutasteride perhaps. I would wait on a hair transplant.

iamgotham

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback @Pequod

I'm thinking about trying out Dutasteride, but I'm slightly worried... I read some stories on several forums of people who saw their shedding increase with this drug.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's true what they say, the damaged follicles shed when you take stronger doses of these drugs. If i was to do it i would keep on Finasteride and try micro-dosing dutasteride perhaps. Slowly increase the micro-dosing over months and then the shed wouldn't happen so noticeably. Of coarse what is shed should grow back stronger, since it isn't being damaged by DHT.