Gynecomastia Or Being Bald? Help With Dilemna

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey guys , so here is the issue . I have to make a choice . I could potentially maitain my hair and have quite a good hair if i take Dutasteride . because propecia is not enough for maitaining my hair , i have agressive hairloss i guess.

BUT here is the thing, i got gynecomastia on propecia . so on dutasteride it will be even worse
SO what is the worst ; becoming bald and athletic on propecia ? or having a full head of hair with a gynecomastia on dutasteride ? help me plz

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
hey guys , so here is the issue . I have to make a choice . I could potentially maitain my hair and have quite a good hair if i take Dutasteride . because propecia is not enough for maitaining my hair , i have agressive hairloss i guess.

BUT here is the thing, i got gynecomastia on propecia . so on dutasteride it will be even worse
SO what is the worst ; becoming bald and athletic on propecia ? or having a full head of hair with a gynecomastia on dutasteride ? help me plz
Gyno is going to be less obvious than a bald head. I guess if you stay very lean and fit and keep your chest as firm as you can gyno might be less of an issue until you take your shirt off. Honestly, dutasteride might not give you a better result than finasteride. Maybe dutasteride might get to your goal faster but that might be all. You are always asking for help but none of us have ever seen your situation. PM your photos and I will give you my honest opinion on your situation. I have a feeling your situation is very mild. By the way, only you can decide what is best for you. Its your body. I have read some people continued to bald even on dutasteride. Show me multiple cases of posters who show photographic proof that dutasteride gave them significant greater results than finasteride.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks for your help . man trust me i am worse than baseline , and the thing is that i might have an aggresive genetic of balding ( like maternal uncle ), and i can see some miniaturization going on on Norwood 3 pattern , and even more .
moreover , propecia didnt maintain , even my healthy hair. i understand that it can't maitain miniaturized hair , but even my normal hair was receding . SO as a propecia non responder i hoped that duta would help me .

BUT i got sides with propecia 5 mg so i wil have worse sides with duta . i read study on propecia non responder that got better result on duta .

Switzer

Established Member
Reaction score
@michel sapin I'm in the exact same situation as you. Been on finasteride for a year and a half and my hair is still getting progressively worse. I also got some mild gynecomastia from finasteride but decided to keep taking it in hope it would stop my hair loss. I'm thinking of giving dutasteride a shot too and even ordered some. Still not sure if I'm going to try it though. Guess I'll wait and see if the brotzu lotion can help me before deciding on dutasteride.

@DoctorHouse
Here's an interesting case of a 47 year old man who used finasteride for 4 years and initially had a good response, but later on started losing hair density. He then added 0.5mg of dutasteride once a week while still taking finasteride daily and his hair improved a lot during the 5 following months.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22686691
47 year old.png

Another study suggests that people who doesn't get any improvement on finasteride may do so when switching to dutasteride instead:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24898559