Had my consultation with Dr Rahal... 3000 grafts?

delboud

Reaction score
Well im 24/yr and had sides from finasteride and not really decent results with minoxidil so considering a hair transplant with Dr. Rahal

Contacted Dr. Rahal office and he told me I have a NW3 vertex and ill need grafts in the following

hairline: 1500
Front: 1000
Mid scalp: 500

My hair is really thick/curly and i usually wear it cut low (number 3 guard) but of course i grew it out for more coverage to hide the thinning... now thats not working as well due to so much thinning.

Im kinda tired of my social life taking the big hit over the last year or so and dont want the rest of my 20's to suffer, i turn down dates now due to low confidence from this crap

Kinda scared shitless about the scar, do you think it would be that noticeable with this amount of grafts and me wearing me hair at a #3 guard length?

Attachments

• hairss.jpg
    hairss.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 738

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
looks like NW5 diffuse thinning to me... Don't go for a strip and start meds.

delboud

Reaction score
LooseItAll said:
looks like NW5 diffuse thinning to me... Don't go for a strip and start meds.

I would had been on finasteride but, thats why i mentioned it first that I had got sides, both times i tried sadly... My Doctor even told me to top taking it. Wish it was that ez for me.

Ben said:
With the balding pattern that you have an hair transplant could potentially make things worse in terms of your native hair falling out due to shockloss since your not on finasteride.

Wouldn't my native hair grow back after the shock loss though? I can still use minoxidil, wouldn't that help?

delboud

Reaction score
Ben said:
Yeah minoxidil will help reduce shockloss.

The main reason I think its paramount that people in their 20's going through the hair transplant route use finasteride is that things could look a bit odd further down the line when native hair continues to thin and you end up trying to play catch up with more surgeries with limited donor hair.

What did Dr Rahal say about that?

I did ask him do he think ill need more hair transplant's in the future and he said its pretty much depends on how it progresses, but it would more likely that I would need one around the mid scalp and crown later down the line (i guess in about 5 years) which i kinda accepted that i may need 2 hair transplant's. Unless minoxidil decides to start kickin in and work on the crown, which i think it may slowed it down a decent about after looking at pictures in the early stages.

Its not really possible for me to use finasteride, cant really live with the sides effects and cant stress that enough. This is kinda what im left to do.

agent00

Established Member
Reaction score
Not to take business away from Dr. Rahal but have you ever considered concealers? They work wonders for us diffuse thinners. I think in your case if you grew your hair out a bit longer you could pull it off.

delboud

Reaction score
Im too active and would sweat that right out.

agent00 said:
Not to take business away from Dr. Rahal but have you ever considered concealers? They work wonders for us diffuse thinners. I think in your case if you grew your hair out a bit longer you could pull it off.

maximiliandreams

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes,agent00 is right..toppik is making really miracles for diffusse thinners,but in my opinion it's just an option..not to miss some girl or a date...but .i dont want to use toppik in the rest of my life.. kinda sad for me