Hair Club - EXT (Extreme Hair Therapy) - Inquiries

thoradas

Reaction score
Hello. I visited my local Hair Club for Men (HCM), and am a bit curious to see if there is anyone out there who has used their service, or know someone who has. Their products seeem decent enough, promising great results, yet all products do so in some form or another. The method of treatment that was recommended for my case was their EXT - Extreme Hair Therapy line of products, a total of six products. For me, it seems that it is basically a Rogaine based line, with some cleansing agents and oral supplements. The line includes: a revitalizing cleansing shampoo, scalp/follicle cleanser, energizing conditioner, vitamin enriched nutrient booster hair lotion, the Rogaine-like product, and some oral vitamins. There's a lot there, but the price is a bit high, actually, quite a bit high. For a six-month [guaranteed] treatment plan it's about $1,500 smackers. I expected a lot, but not that much.

I don't mind paying for it if it works, but it seems like a basic step-based routine that one should be able to come up with on their own using other branded products. The product line does not even include a DHT inhibitor at all, save for the oral vitamins, which claim to contain a DHT blocking formula - I would guess it would be Saw Palmetto or something like that. Anyway, has anyone used this product line, or know someone who has? I would appreciate the good, bad, and the ugly. $1,500 is a lot to shell out, but if it works, then super - $1,500 would be a steal. However, I failed to ask if it's $1,500 EVERY six months. If that's the case, I may have to break open my waiting bottle of Propecia and give it a go. Thanks in advance for some hopeful comments.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You can save a lot of money if you simply do it yourself. You can buy Kirkland 5% minoxidil in almost any store, Nizoral 2% shampoo (it's prescription in the US), and propecia, which is also prescription. If you don't want to take a pill that will mess with your hormones, use a topical DHT inhibitor such as Revivogen or spironolactone instead of propecia. A lot of people add a copper peptide product into that mix, such as Tricomin or Folligen. Those products may or may not help with hair loss, but they do help keep your scalp healthy, which is a part of combatting hair loss.

Read the info about the various products on this site. If you spend 2-3 hours reading stuff here, you'll save a lot of time and money.