Hair Crisis (Also info on hair care, long hair, etc.)

fourthworld

Reaction score
For a while now, I've noticed noticed my hair is thinning. But it seems lately, almost overnight, it's gotten worst to the point of looking like a total nightmare. I'm afraid the stress and anxiety over it is going to make matters even worse.

Here are a few facts:

1. My natural hairline is from my grandfather on my dad's side. It's commonly referred to in the family as the "Dracula hairline". It just natural is back a bit more. It's been like this since I was little.

2. I have Seborrhoeic Dermatitis which I combat simply with better hygiene, T-Gel Shampoo and for a while, Nizoral 2% which I order from the UK. I haven't used it in some time, but I have a bottle coming in the mail (along with some Biotine pills).

3. I've had long hair for most my life, I'd say.

4. In the last 15 years, I only had TWO professional haircuts and they weren't very good.

My sister tells me, that in her opinion, I might not be balding or thinning. She said what I have, in some areas looks more like what she calls "classic breakage" and noticed that in addition to being very dry, she also noticed my scalp is really red (maybe the Seborrhoeic Dermatitis).

She gave me a moisturizer that you spray on. I have some in in the pics I took too night.

Could she be right or is she just trying to put my mind a little at ease? She told me to get a short cut and start taking better care of my hair (like washing and conditioning EVERY night and making sure it's always combed). She also told me to dye it, as I have a lot of grays and whites that make it look worse. BTW....I am 31.

The first set of pics I took tonight. Kind of a mess, but I doubt even matters. I have some of the moisturizer in, which makes it look kinda wet/greasy.

The last one was around 2-3 years ago. You can see I have a bit more hair there.

Let me hear some honest opinions. Result of poor lifestyle? Seborrhoeic Dermatitis ?Infrequent cuts and hair care? Combo of all Or just flat out thinning/balding?

SDC10812.jpgSDC10813.jpgSDC10814.jpg

419199_281818078556466_2041466435_n.jpg

headless

Established Member
Reaction score
I suggest you go to a dermatologist. It could be all kinds of things but you don't really have the characteristics of male pattern baldness.
It is a bit thin and if you have red scalp you should let someone take a look at this.