Hair Flap procedure??

Redbone

Reaction score
I was watching TV last night and they were doing a show on plasitc surgery. They had the girl in Cali who got her faced mauled by a couger. She looked pretty good, anyway they went on to baldness and said that with H/T's, weaves and flap over procedures baldness is a thing of the past- a bald statement indeed. The flap procedure was focused on a Beverly Hills doctore who takes a huge chunk of scalp from somewhere on your head and transplants it to a balding spot, thus giving you permanent hair. The procedure costs between $12 and $15000.

Anyone heard anything about this? I am an eccentric millionaire and would like to pay for people to have this done.

G

I would never consider this flap thing. Fue is probably the way to move forward. It's getting better and better as each year goes by.

You can pay for my FUE if you want. Dr Jones in Canada seems quite good. Should I book my tickets now :)

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That flap thing is pretty dangerous. About 10-15% of the people that have it the blood supply isnt sufficient and the transplanted flap dies. The transplanted flesh on your head will then decompose, and you will have to get it surgically removed, leaving a big scarred up mess on the top/front of your head. At that point the only way to conceal your disfigured scalp is to wear a wig.

Stay away from the flap...

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
have u ever seen pictures from an FUE procedure? as it is healing? it made me feel kind of queezy just to look at it. i really hope i never have to do that.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thats funny, I saw the same show and was about to post about the Flap. However, after further research I saw that it wasnt a good idea and had tremendous amounts of complications.

Over and OUT!
Brasileirao

Redbone

Reaction score
Ok screw that idea, I guess I will save the cash for hair cloning whenever that comes to light. :D

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I saw this, too. After seeing the after-photo, I was wondering why the hell we didn't see this mentioned on this site before! But then I thought "Okay, the TOP of his head looks good, but what about the area where the hair came from? They didn't show that part! The guy wore his hair quite long, so I assume it was covered up, but still.

I, too, think FUE is the way to go. I know, they said in the TV show that the flap procedure takes only 1.5 hr or so, and I think the FUE takes roughly half a day (a few hours). But I've seen before and after pics, and they do a great job. I went to visit Dr. Sharon Keene in my hometown of Tucson. She's good. I'm sure they are all good.

I'd keep your money, KoBlack, and wait, OR look into FUE. Interesting offer though. Was it to persuade someone else to test out the procedure? If so, I'm sure you can call around and find somebody who had it done already, and take a look at the results. Might cost you a plane ticket, but that would probably be cheaper.

asolof

Established Member
Reaction score
KoBlack,

This procedure is useful for covering/replacing areas covered by large scars, such as from burns.

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
KoBlack said:
I was watching TV last night and they were doing a show on plasitc surgery. They had the girl in Cali who got her faced mauled by a couger. She looked pretty good, anyway they went on to baldness and said that with H/T's, weaves and flap over procedures baldness is a thing of the past- a bald statement indeed. The flap procedure was focused on a Beverly Hills doctore who takes a huge chunk of scalp from somewhere on your head and transplants it to a balding spot, thus giving you permanent hair. The procedure costs between $12 and $15000.

Anyone heard anything about this? I am an eccentric millionaire and would like to pay for people to have this done.

Word of advice: Stay away from the Doctor who offers to do it for $12

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if your an eccentric millionare, why don't you invest your money with some scientists and try to find a cure